Happy Easter!! Alex woke up and the first thing he said was - "Happy Easter Mommy!" - it was soooo sweet! And Makenna was all business......Easter story, easter egg hunt, presents - GO!
Well, we are planning on going with the neighbors and they were telling their kiddos today, so it was time to share our plans with our kids BUT remember those 5 little pesky tokens?!?
Sounds like the perfect opportunity to combine Easter morning with a little lesson about Grace!
Sounds like the perfect opportunity to combine Easter morning with a little lesson about Grace!
So this overtired overworked tax season mama took FULL advantage of the opportunity on Saturday night to stay up late and procrastinate my "real" work that needed to get done and had a blast planning this out instead.
This was waiting for them as they woke up.
Only I promise it wasn't up & down.... ha - I just can't figure out how to flip the darn thing!
They found this one pretty quickly.
"The cross mom, the cross!!!"
And to keep things interesting, they also found their first little surprise on their Easter baskets.
Beanie Boos!
And then the next clue.....
Bahaha - get it, the timeout step. Ok, I thought it was REALLY funny though.
Found it!
And with this clue I included the 5 remaining tokens she was trying to earn. #grace
By the time she found this one I think she was kind of starting to figure things out, but still too excited to find the next clue to think too much about it.
The last clue was in her bedroom by her token jar. She actually spotted it as soon as she woke up but thankfully I put it high enough that she couldn't reach and made her wait until we got to that clue.
The best part was that she had NO idea what was made of stone in our house - the kitchen table? Nope. The end table. Nope. Finally she spotted that little frame behind Minne and said - mom, that is made of stone!! She never did realize we were talking about the fireplace. Ha!!
In Makenna's bag I put a little note that said "We're going to Disney...... with Ben & Maddie (the neighbor kids) - she was SO excited to find out they were going with us! I also put in a Minnie Mouse shirt for each of us.
And in Alex's bag I put a picture of the Dumbo ride and a Mickey T shirt for him & Daddy. He keeps seeing the commercial for it on Disney Junior and every time he says "I ride on dat mom?" He was VERY excited to find it and even more excited when I told him he could ride on it. Now to figure out how to explain to him every day for the next month and a half that we aren't going today. Yikes.
I think they are **little** excited to go.
Happy Easter everyone!! The countdown is ON at our house!!

















That's awesome! I love your egg hunt with Biblical themes 😊
ReplyDelete