Thursday, June 2, 2016

Happy Birthday Kenna Girl!!

Oh my Kenna Girl - how is it that you are already 6?!?!  This year has flown by yet you have grown so much!  You continue to have an infectious joy for life.  

You wake up full of energy and smiles and you keep going strong all day until your head hits the pillow at night.  You are a very animated, joy filled, active, silly little girl.

 
Kindergarten has treated you well and you are learning so much.  It's hard to believe all the things you learned this year.........


Somehow you managed to learn how to ride a bike....in like a day.  



I don't know what it is about seeing you ride that bike, but for some reason it makes you seem so grown up...


And let's not forget that first tooth you lost...... again, don't big kids lose teeth?  What is my baby girl doing losing teeth?  I still remember when that little bugger first popped through..


 

And then suddenly you went from working on a few sight words to starting to put words together in a sentence and one then one day you busted out a chapter book and you kept reading and reading and reading......  


Then just a few weeks ago, I turn around and see you doing this.......  little girl you NEED to slow down!!  This mama isn't ready for a big kid just yet!




It's been a bit of a roller coaster of a year for us..... we had a great summer last year and then the wind was knocked out of our sails when we found out Papa had cancer.  You were my pick me upper - you always knew how to make me smile when I got sad.  And you always put a smile on your Papa's face.  We tried to visit him as much as we could those last few months.  Just Bubbies and I would go when you were in school but the times you could make the trip with us, your Papa's face always lit up when he saw you....

We made a lot of great memories those last few months.....ones that I hope you'll always cherish.  
Your Papa loved you SO much Kenna girl.  
I'll never forget when I got back from the hospital the day he died..... I told you as we were driving that Papa was in heaven and in THE most excited voice you exclaimed - "Oh my gosh mom, are you kidding me?  My Papa is in Heaven?!?!  I'm so excited my Papa is in heaven!!"  Ahhh, the faith of a child.  I pray that you will always have that zest for life not only here on earth, but with the hope of heaven as well.  

I kept referring to Papa's funeral as a "celebration" and you were so excited to get your fancy dress on and get all prettied up.  A few month's later you had a birthday party to go to for a friend and I asked you if you wanted to wear a fancy dress and your response to me....."mom, I'm just going to a birthday party, it's not like it's a funeral!" - oh kenna girl - you make me laugh!


I got to spend lots of special mommy/kenna time with you throughout the year.... a few of my faves were the mommy/daughter princess night


and teaching you how to fish!  We didn't catch a thing, but you sure helped me make lemonade out of lemons that day!



You absolutely adore your Bubbies...



Most of the time the two of you get along great together......but you certainly have your squabbles, especially now that he is a little older and likes to get into your "stuff" more.  You've mastered the "bait and switch" at getting him away from your toys, however!  I love to see the two of you when you are playing nice together.  

Last Sunday morning I woke up and you were teaching him how to play baseball with a big balloon and a tiny little bat.  You'd pitch it to him and after he'd hit it you'd tell him "put down your bat and run Bubbies!"  It was so sweet!



You've unfortunately had more than your share of broken bones this year.....

In the Fall you broke your shoulder trying to slide down the fire pole at Y Care.... You were in a brace for 8 weeks!  You were a trooper though!  


You ended up missing most of your soccer season with the shoulder injury, but you didn't mind.  You still insisted we go to every game so you could cheer your team on.  


You were SOOOO excited the day you got your brace off.  You kept running up and down the hall over and over again!



You also welcomed a new cousin in October and you are SOOOO in love!  Every chance we get to see Laila you insist on holding her.  You are such a good big cousin and I look forward to seeing the two of you grow up together.





Daddy's favorite part of the day is when he gets to tuck you in at night and read to you.  You've been working through "The Lamb" and you absolutely love to answer all the questions at the end of each chapter.  You've done great with Awana again this year and it has been so fun to see how much you've learned and grown.


You are also turning out to be quite the risk taker.  We went to the Kalahari twice this year and both times you insisted you go on all the big waterslides.  You squealed and giggled on the scary parts while mama SCREAMED!


You did the same in Disney.....you LOVED all the big drops and the roller coasters!!  You've come a long way baby girl!

Things you are into:
-Shopkins
-Beanie Boos
-Equestria girls
You still love to play "pretend" with all of your figurines and could play for hours
-Homework - yes, you actually LOVE to do your homework

Favorite foods:
-Mac n Cheese
-McDonalds (just to get the toys)
-Red Robin
-BW3's
-Pizza

Favorite shows:
-Lego Girls
-Barbie (though I rarely let you watch it)
-Lion Guard
-Veggie Tales in the House

Hobbies:
-Playing with the neighbor kids
-Riding your bike (when you don't have a broken bone)
-Playing with Alex
-Watching movies
-Playing Subway Surfer
-Coloring

Best friends:
-Olivia
-Maddie




We kicked off birthday week with a haircut......and this little cutie was SO excited she got to have her very own soda!

Then we headed to Red Robin for the birthday tradition.....

You are starting to catch on to this tradition thing..... before bed last night you wanted to make sure I had the balloons and Captain Zoom all cued up and ready to go for the morning.....




















So I left this outside your door after you fell asleep and told you I'd come get you at 7am.....



At 6:30, I was woken up by a certain EXCITED little girl....... mom, are you sure I have to wait until 7?!  I woke up at 5:02 and I'm so excited I can't fall back to sleep.....


Needless to say, you were VERY excited when we finally came into your room at 7am!





Mr Phil even got up super early and chalked the driveway for you!!  We have the best neighbors!




You took one look at my "attempt" at a pancake shaped like a 6 and said....um mom, what is that?!  Ha!  Not my best effort!!


Hopefully we can make this an annual picture by the poppies in front of our house!


After school I picked you up for a mini date at Starbucks to enjoy the beautiful weather and your free birthday drink.

While you enjoyed playing with mama's rummage sale find of the day - shopkins!



And we ended the day with a trip to Cedarburg for daddy's baseball game and some fun hanging out with these cuties!




Happy 6th birthday Kenna Girl!!!  We love you!!





No comments:

Post a Comment