Oh sweet boy, how is it that we are already celebrating 3?!?! I thank God for you every day and the gift that you are to our family and everyone you meet. You have this sweet, silly, expressive, outgoing personality that brings a smile to everyone around you. You are SOOOOO stinkin' cute and your goofy personality just makes you EVEN cuter! I am so humbled that God picked me to be your mama.
Last night you told me that you would always be my baby - "I promise, mama" - which is good because in the last few months you've moved into a big boy bed, mastered potty training
AND gotten rid of your nuk!!
Woot Woot! Despite that, you are still my baby boy and you still love a good snuggle and all the bed time stories I am willing to read you.
So, what are you up to these days?
-You are a mama's boy...100%. And this mama wouldn't have it any other way! Daddy gets pretty bummed out about it from time to time, but I'm sure you'll switch over once you get a little older.
-Despite that, your favorite thing to do is play baseball with daddy. You went for a streak where every day after work, you would put on your Brewer clothes and Daddy would take you in the backyard to play.
-You LOVE the Brewers. You actually did great at the few games we went to this year - you love to watch the game
and you can't wait for Bernie to go down the slide.
We even got to meet Hank the dog this year and you were SO excited and SO petrified at the same time. You finally did calm down enough to go over and smile with him.
You ask me all the time "Mama, can we go to brewgame sometime? Can we watch Bernie go down the slide, can we?" and when I say sure, buddy, sometime you say "yayyyyyy!!! in THE most excited little voice and with the most exited little look on your face. I don't have the heart to tell you they didn't make the playoffs and it will be awhile before we'll make it to a game.
-You are into just about everything. Your favorite toys are your Paw Patrol cars, Race track and Blaze but if Sissy likes to play with it, you like to play with it too. You love to play with her Strawberry Shortcake figurines and her Shopkins. And you LOVE to play outside with your friend Jakey, too!
-You love to watch Blaze, Paw Patrol and Daniel Tiger. You will also watch any show that Makenna likes and this morning requested Sophia the First at breakfast time. Ha!
-You LOVE to read. You will sit and sit and sit and sit while I read to you, listening so intently and soaking it all in. Your current favorite is the bible which makes my heart SO happy. I pray that you will always have such a love and passion for God's Word.
-You get up WAY too early. It started out when Mama decided she was going to try to get up early and read her bible before you kiddos got up. I started out at 6am and I think I got 2 days in before you started waking up at 6:05 and coming down to see what I was doing. The earlier I got up, the earlier you got up, always saying - "Mommy, I come read my bible with you?" You'd sit on the couch and read back to me whatever bible story we had read recently - it's amazing how your little brain just soaks up everything around you. Mama finally gave up on getting quiet time in the morning by myself and now you come into my room at 6am on the dot every morning and say "Mama, you go downstairs and read your bible now?!" Nothing like being convicted by your almost 3 year old.....
-You are LOVING school. You go 2 days a week and you love it there. You are learning bible verses and lots of songs.
-You are also still LOVING Ms. Jamie's house. She takes such great care of you and you have really settled into the routine at their house. You and Rocco are best buds and your favorite things to do at his house are hunt for bugs and frogs and play with all his toys.
-You are a STINKER when it comes to learning colors and letters. Eventually I'm sure you'll get it, but right now nothing is sticking. Oh well. At least you're cute:)
-You adore your sister. You two really do get along great most of the time. You love to chase each other in the mornings and you want to do whatever she is doing.
-You are still obsessed with your best neighbor boy Ben. You give him a big hug every morning at the bus stop and really can't get enough of him. Ben adores you and he even taught you how to pee in the woods standing up. Now THAT'S a good friend!
-Your favorite person in the world is probably Grandpa. You love going to the zoo to see him and anytime I mention his name, your whole face lights up.
Little boy you are such a sweetheart and we love you so much! You are so silly and you make us laugh every single day. We love you Alexander Brooks! Happy 3rd birthday!!
-









No comments:
Post a Comment