Got a great deal on g.roupon to make some personalized invites for cheap:
and added in a few more goodies to match:
This banner:
And a sticker for brother to wear
....I couldn't resist
I had soooo much fun decorating this year. I started about a week ahead of time and got a lot of cute ideas off p.interest. We had a lot of snowflake things laying around given the nature of my kid's story so that helped, too! My mom got me a snowflake puncher cutter outer thingy (and yes, that is the technical term) a few years ago so I used that to cut out TONS of little snowflakes to sprinkle all over the party and add a little extra something to our decorations.
And I mastered the art of cutting out snowflakes.....ha!
I added this one to our birthday balloon wreath I made for Makenna when she was 1
I LOVED the way Makenna's Elsa outfit turned out. I found a CHEAP dress on sale after Easter and Oma sewed a cape out of an old bridesmaid dress and then we added the Elsa crown, earrings and necklace she got for her birthday. I also braided her hair and sprinkled some powder in it to make it white.
I LOVE how the mantle turned out, too. As I was decorating it on Friday morning, Makenna came downstairs and said "Mommy you are really good at that. I love it!" Totally made the late nights this week decorating so worth it. I really do have the sweetest little girl.
I put this frame together with the other side of the poster left over from the Elsa poster. I added a cutout of Elsa and Anna on it and then put a quote "Only true love can melt a frozen heart" on it, too.
I made this Elsa decoration from a tack board we had in our laundry room and a poster I found at wal.mart. I use the M.L.B. letters every year for her party so this year, I just threw some snowflakes on them for good measure. The vase on the mantle I emptied out and put some blue Easter grass in to jazz it up and give it that "Frozen" look.
I made this happy birthday sign for her 2nd birthday and have been able to reuse it every year. This year I just taped on some snowflakes and Voila!
Rock candy just screams frozen party so I added that and yelled at every child that tried to eat one before I had a chance to take a picture of it......ha ha!! You think I"m kidding, don't you?
I got this poster from k.mart and just added it to a frame we already had in our house. Brad was showing some people around our house at the party and told them not to mind the random nails sticking out of the walls.....Laura just re-used half our house decor for party decorations:)
I forgot to take a picture of these at the party, but I got some puzzles at the dollar bin at Target and put them in frames we had laying around the house. Makenna thought they were the coolest.
These water bottles were so easy to make - I just cut out strips of paper and taped the backs and then used the leftover scraps from my snowflake puncher outer and cut them into circles to make this.
The finger jello was a BIG hit!
Found this idea on pinterest....donut holes as snowballs. I also used styrofoam balls and cut them in half as my sign holders to look like snow balls.
I used my snowflake cookie cutter to make PB&J sandwiches for the kiddos.....and cut out Anna's picture from the packaging on some of Makenna's toys.
I didn't get a picture of all the things I had out, but here are all the signs I made. I put the bottom left one out with some paper to cut out snowflakes, make ice crystal snowflakes out of epsom salts and water (which by the way does NOT work as well as they will tell you it does on pinterest - ha!) or decorate paper with snowflake stickers.
Makenna's friend Kaelyn made a great snowflake cut out with M's all over it:)
Make your own Olaf station
Going...
Going....
Gone!!
I wasn't sure if I should do a craft, but I'm glad I did!! They were a hit!
The stage was a lot of fun, too. I made this out of our bean bag toss game - I painted it purple and then mod podged some decorations on it.
I didn't want to spend a ton of money on the cake so I had C.ostco make a cake with a few snowflakes on it and I added an Elsa figurine to it. It tasted REALLY good!
I got some freeze pops and threw those out at the end of the party instead of doing ice cream with the cake. Yum!
I didn't get a picture of the party favor basket I made, but here is the sign I had with it and here are some of the favors..
You guessed it, dollar bin at T.arget.....Makenna was a *little* excited to wake up to find all of these one morning after mommy struck gold at T.arget. And yes, she arranged all of them that way.
Best part of the party wasn't the decorations or the food, but the great memories and seeing this little one have an absolute BLAST with all her friends while we got to hang out with some of our friends and family. We are so incredibly blessed to have so many great friends and family to be able to share our little ones lives with us!
And yes, she got spoiled ROTTEN from all our guests!!
A little disheveled by the end of the party....cape in front, dirty dirty feet, hair a mess - yes, that is the sign of a GOOD day!!
Happy 4th birthday to our snowflake princess! We love you and had a great time making memories with you on your birthday!!




































What a fun party! You're so creative! I love the Olaf station.
ReplyDelete