Saturday, October 2, 2010

Happy 4 months Makenna!!

What a busy day we had today!!  As is tradition for my birthday, I woke mommy and daddy up at 3am.  A girl's gotta make sure she gets her birthday wishes!  I think they were glad I didn't wake them up on my official birthday like I did last month when I woke them up at 1:19am:) 
After going back to bed for a few hours, Mommy and I headed to Wisconsin Dells bright and early for a walk/run she does every year with her friend Peggy - she thinks this is the 10th consecutive year they've done it.  It's at an Easter Seals camp that Peggy worked at one summer and the location is absolutely BEAUTIFUL!!  Its all wooded and the run/walk goes through really pretty trails.  Mommy looks forward to this every fall - and was sooo excited to be able to take me along this year.  We had a lot of fun even though it was too cold for me to do the walk with her this year - despite all the bundling up below, my poor little cheeks were really cold and every time I spit up, I cried to let mommy know that cold spitup does not feel nice on my chin.  We had fun visiting with Peggy and hit the outlet malls on the way home, where mommy was sure to spoil me.


Here's me and mommy at the Fall Sprawl - check out my CUTE boots! 

Me and Peggy - she ran so fast she got a ribbon!!  I was told not to tell anyone that there were only a few people in her age group and that's why she got a ribbon:)  I think that's why her and mommy do this run every year - one of them always gets a ribbon or a medal because the competition is pretty slim:)  Hee hee hee.

Made it home just in time to watch the second half of the Badger game with daddy.  He's pretty proud of this little Jump Around onesie he bought me. 

Here I am "jumpin around" in my crib after the 3rd quarter

My neck sure is getting strong!

What a day!!  Time for snuggles with mommy and Bugsey...
And then daddy and Bugsey!

And of course, my 4 month picture:


Some fun facts about me this month:
-I am still a rock star sleeper for the most part, sleeping from 8ish to 6ish most nights, but I have started getting up at 3am from time to time.  I just miss my mommy, I guess.
-Despite the colic that I had from weeks 4 - 12, I am a SUPER happy baby these days!  I love the sound of mommy and daddy's voice and give them lots and lots of smiles.
-I've started talking and talking and talking - noone can understand what I'm saying yet, but I sure like to hear myself make noises. 
- I continue to be a great eater and those cheeks just get chubbier.  I have my 4 month checkup on Monday, but mommy thinks I'm at least 16 pounds.  She sure does feed me good!
-I love playing under my play gym, hanging out in my bouncy and just sitting on mommy's lap looking around at the world. 
-I've started putting just about everything I can get my hands on in my mouth
-I've discovered my other hand - what a fun toy!
-My FAVORITE time of day is definitely first thing in the morning.  Daddy always comes in when I first wake up and I smile BIG smiles at him and we have a nice time playing together until Mommy is ready to come feed me. 

Here's a video of me chatting away.....


No comments:

Post a Comment