"We all know that the real reason why we celebrate Easter is to commemorate the resurrection of Jesus Christ. We celebrate because our Lord and Savior rose from the dead three days after taking on our sin and dying a brutal death on the cross. What an INCREDIBLE reason to celebrate!!! Honestly, I think it will take a million more Easters for me to truly understand what Jesus did.
This year, Easter 2011, was unlike any other. Through many tears I’ll try and explain. You know how Easter in modern-day culture involves easter bunnies, easter egg hunts, and easter dresses? It does, right? Sad but true. And of all the commercial hype that surrounds this amazing holiday, it’s those darn easter dresses have been silently breaking my heart year after year.
Every Easter, for years, John and I would go to church and I’d see adorable little girls in frilly little dresses... and my heart would break. Oh, what I wouldn’t have given for my own little girl in an Easter dress!
John and I had our hearts broken monthly - for years - as we waited on God to grant us our heart’s desire and answer our prayers with a child of our very own. There were lots of really hard days, and really hard months... but the holidays were always the toughest. Especially Easter. All because of those darn dresses.
But this Easter............. at last... we were able to celebrate with a little girl of our very own, dressed in a frilly little easter dress. And our hearts couldn’t be any fuller.
We couldn’t be more thankful to God for showing us his love and faithfulness through his Son, Jesus Christ... as well as through our own little miracle, Alexa Mae."
Here's a shot of Miss Lexi in her BEAUTIFUL Easter dress:
And our Miss Makenna in her frilly dress:
Thank you Cheryl, for the heartfelt post. I must admit this Easter I got teary eyed more than once holding on to this little girl and thanking God for answering my prayers.



No comments:
Post a Comment