Here's Makenna Day 1 in underpants! Love the Elmo slippers & bow in her hair;) ha ha!
I must say I was pretty impressed at how well she did the first few days. I wasn't sure she was ready, but she starts "school" in 2 weeks and they want all the kids in pull ups so I thought I better at least try and see.
Since then, she has done pretty well. She did get mad at daddy yesterday and peeed on him as he was carrying her downstairs. I don't think it was intentional, but I had to admit I laughed a little when I saw his wet spot on his shirt.
Pooping has been a bit tougher to get her to do. I've tried just about everything - a half hour on the potty with the Ipad - nope, she holds it in until about 5 minutes after she gets off the toilet.
I have been giving her stickers when she goes potty and she knew that when she finally went poopy she could have the Strawberry Shortcake DVD I bought for her. In fact, she will even tell you she doesn't get it until she goes "poopy on the toilet".
Well, after a week of trying yesterday she finally pooped on the potty!! Brad and I were out to dinner and Grandma and Grandpa were over so we missed it, but she was SO excited to tell us when we got home. She ran outside saying "I did it! I did it!" Too sweet!
Some of my favorite moments from this past week:
-Her first "accident" she was standing on the fireplace and she yells to me "oh no, I spill mama!"
-When I put her underpants on and she looks at me and says "don't poop on Elmo!" or "don't get Abby wet"
-When I left her on the potty this morning and ran to grab something and I hear her saying "too much, too much" only to get back in there and see toilet paper all over.
-She has 2 kinds of pull ups - Minnie Mouse ones, Tigger ones and Cinderella ones. She calls her Cinderella ones "bibbidy bobbity boo"
-When she saw the neighbor kids outside and ran out there in just her underpants yelling "I did it!" after she got off the potty.
-She keeps waking up from her nap saying "oh no, I poop on Tigger!"
-My all time favorite is when we are waiting for her to poop and I ask her if she's got any and she looks at me and says "Nope, nufin"
I'm pretty sure the neighbors think we're crazy because I've had her dressed in virtually nothing but underpants all week. Ha! Here we are before dinner tonight. She wanted to go outside and jump in the puddles - love the look!
We love you, silly girl!





No comments:
Post a Comment