Saturday, November 17, 2012

Owen's Little Warriors

Today, Makenna and Daddy came to the 2nd Annual Owen's Little Warrior's Ornament Service Project while Mama volunteered at it. 
 
This is an organization (http://owenslittlewarriors.com)  that my friend Mel (www.bissingfamily.com) set up when one of her triplet boy's passed away suddenly a little over a year ago.  Each year, they prepare 5 ornaments for kids to make as well as some cards that get donated to Waukesha Interfaith Organization and distributed to seniors in our communities that don't have loved ones around. 
Little Warriors Organization strives to involve children and families in service opportunities so that they will grow to understand the importance of helping one another.  It is a great way to honor Owen's memory.
I love to try to get Makenna involved in things like this, especially so close to the Christmas season. 
 
She and Daddy had a great time making ornaments today!
 

A little "Maddie bug" - one of the ornaments we made this year was to honor a little girl named Maddie that died from SIDS last year.  I have been following her mommy's blog (http://kandjstaats.blogspot.com) and my heart just aches for her.  I just emailed her a copy of some of the pictures from today and let her know that we thought of Maddie today - I hope it brings a smile to her face to know that we made almost 100 "maddiebugs" in her daughter's honor! 

Makenna got a little excited making her "maddiebug" 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment