Friday, July 5, 2013

Happy 4th of July!

 
I LOVE the 4th of July!  Following tradition, we headed to our old neighborhood for the parade in the morning.


 
These 2 pushed their dolly buggies in the parade this year with their daddies!
 

 
I didn't get any parade shots...
but I do LOVE this one of her running to me at the end of the parade, so very excited to see me at the finish:)
 

 
Then it was over to the park with her very best friend Annikana for the festivities


 
and the popcorn:)

 
We even made it to the splash pad later that day

 
This swimsuit cracks me up - it is a hand me down from Madison and is blue with white stars a some red trim in it.  It was so stinkin' cute on her:)
 
Love these 2!

 That night we headed over to Elizabeth's house for their annual bash.  It has actually become much smaller of a bash, ok, it was just us this year, but Brad insists upon going every year even if we have to invite ourselves.  Butch makes the BEST wings on the grill and we always have such a great time.  Brad always says its his favorite day of the year.  This year didn't disappoint!
 
Love the concentration on Daddy's face.
 

 
There was LOTS of running around

Isn't she the sweetest thing ever?

Laughing with mommy as we throw the grass in the air

Tickling brother

And catching fireflies!!!!  This is my absolute favorite.  Growing up we never had fireflies by our house.  Our cousins in Indiana had them and it was always a special treat when we would visit them and go out to catch fireflies.  When we bought our first house and I discovered their were fireflies in Milwaukee, I was SO excited.  I LOVED being able to catch them with these sweeties that night!

Look who caught one!
 
And finally, time for the fireworks!

This one melts my heart - she is so very in love with Annika and fireworks and it was so sweet to hear her as she watched each one go off.  The ooohs and aaaahs were so fun! 
 
Happy 4th of July!!
 





















No comments:

Post a Comment