Now that we are starting to get close, Makenna has been asking more and more about brother and about babies... some of my faves from this week...
1) While at Kohl's we spotted the double stroller carts on our way out - Makenna says - "wow, mama look at that fancy cart! When brother comes we can use that and I can sit here and he can sit here!"
2) While eating her grapes this morning "Mama, look at the little grape I found! When brother comes we'll have to save all the little grapes for him."
3) She knows she is not allowed to touch CD's/DVD's because she cracked one in half (a library one, no less) about a year ago. While getting one out yesterday - "Mama, when brother comes he can't touch CD's but I'm gonna be so big so I can touch them!"
4) "Mama, when brother comes will I be big enough to have fragile things?" I often tell her not to touch something because it is fragile - apparently since she is no longer the littlest she thinks she will be able to touch these things once brother is here.
5) Her usual and I'm sure we'll get LOTS more once he's here - "Mama, why do babies cry?" or "why can't babies talk?"
6) Lately she likes to ask me why boys stand when the pee - she will follow daddy to the bathroom (don't worry he shuts and locks the door so she can't see) and will stand outside it and say "Daddy, are you standing or sitting?' and "Daddy, why do you stand when you go potty?" I'm sure once she discovers brother's "boy parts" there will be a WHOLE lot more of these kinds of questions! LOL....
Kenna girl - you are going to make such a good big sister and I can't wait to teach you alllll about babies and how to help mama and daddy take good care of them!
I am ready for brother too!!
ReplyDeleteShe is so cute! Yup, looks like she is going to make a wonderful big sister!
ReplyDelete