Sunday, October 27, 2013

Happy Halloween!

I must admit, I'm not a huge fan of Halloween and all the ghosts and goblins and that sort of thing, but when it come to kids costumes, I just can't resist! 
We had a little monkey costume for Alex this year that was a hand me down from cousin Bryce & I was thinking I would just go with that & Makenna could be a princess, wearing one of her princess dresses she already has- that we would keep it simple this year. 
 
That didn't last long.... Thursday after mom left I got the itch to do something more fun for Halloween & decided that even without being able to drive, I could whip something up.
 
So, Princess Jasmine became the only logical choice of princess & that cute little monkey became Abu!
 
 
 
I'm going to take credit for the cute little hat you see on this monkey.... a little Dixie cup, some red felt I had lying around, a tassel off the Jasmine shoes Makenna had outgrown, a little purple ribbon and lots of safety pins and Voila!, we have Abu!

 
 
I've gotta give Uncle Derek the credit for the cute little vest and the Jasmine costume, too!  I was having trouble finding Jasmine from any of the neighbors to borrow, so I was going to make do with a different princess and doll it up to look like Jasmine, but he insisted on finding a Jasmine costume for cheap.  After a quick trip to Target, he scored this CUTE little thing for just $12.  He came over to drop it off on Friday and helped me use the rest of the red felt to make a little red vest for Abu - isn't it adorable?
 
PS - isn't that little tail hanging out the back so much fun?!?

 
 
Aren't they the cutest riding on their magic carpet? 
 
 
Makenna was in heaven!  She LOVED the Jasmine dress!
 
And was pretty excited to wear Mommy's "amulet"
 
Boo! 
 
This one cracks me up - the costume fits him just perfect, even a little tight in the arms once you roll over the sleeves so the entire night his little arms were permanently stuck in this pose.  LOL!
 
 
And for all his efforts, Uncle Derek was of course rewarded with lots of baby snuggles
 
 
It was a little too cold for Abu to join in the fun, but Makenna had a blast trick or treating with her neighbor buddies, Hannah & Ryan and the daddies!
 
Mommy & this little goblin hung out with Hannah & Ryan's mommy and their little 12 week old brother Jacob.  I am so excited that the kiddos have neighbors so close in age and I look forward to Jacob & Alex growing up together! 
 
 


 
 
 
 

1 comment:

  1. I LOVE the little Abu outfit! Perfect sidekick for Princess Ariel!

    ReplyDelete