There's just something about matching Christmas jammies that I can't resist....
Ok, they don't match perfectly.... I tried but shopped too late to get a pair of Makenna's "Best gift ever" jammies (with snowflakes on them, too!) for Alex - they only had a 3T so I got her the green ones thinking he can get these hand me downs in a few years. I do love the matchy stripey jammies though!
I'll admit I had to tell her to give him a kiss, but hey - it makes for a cute picture!
This she actually did all on her own - she looked down at him and said "Mama, broder is getting pretty big!" and then leaned in and gave him a big hug. Love. It.
Christmas Eve we headed to our church for the Christmas service. There is something about the Christmas Eve service that gets me every time. It is my FAVORITE holiday and I just love all the Christmas songs, the decorations, the happiness all around. This was our first time in our new church for the Christmas Eve service and I am glad to say it didn't disappoint. The decorations were beautiful, the music was great and the message was spot on. Jesus came for all of us. Plus, Makenna sat through service with us and did great. I swooped her up as soon as we got in to church and held her as we sang the Christmas songs with tears dripping down my cheeks. I've dreamed of that very moment and it was so very sweet.
After that it was off to Grandma and Grandpa's house for a little celebration.
Seriously, aren't these kiddos the cutest thing ever?
So precious!!
And, of course, a shot with Uncle Derek
Just for the record, I am generally anti- little boy collared shirts - I feel like they make them look too grown up so I shy away from them. However, I tried this little number out on Alex and woah - haaaandsome! I couldn't' resist. Thanks for the hand me downs, Corie!!!
Someone had a little too much fun at Grandma and Grandpa's house and conked out on the way home.
Christmas morning Makenna woke up and then went to go wake up Alex with a kiss
Time for daddy to read us all the Christmas story.
I love how they are both listening so intently
Such a big boy!
Finally, we headed downstairs to check out the loot. 3 presents for each kiddo to symbolize the gold, frankincense and myrrh.
Makenna was a little excited
For breakfast I even got creative and made a little Rudolph pancake for Makenna - she devoured it!
We had a nice, lazy morning watching a Christmas parade, playing with our toys and listening to Christmas music. It was awesome!
I even got Alex all dressed up in this outfit that Great Grandma made for Daddy when he was a baby - isn't it sweet?
Next, it was off to Great Uncle John and Great Auntie Sharon's house for more fun
My favorite part of the day was putting Makenna to bed.... I sang her a song and then she asked me to pray with her. When we were done - she said Mama I want to pray and then said "Thank you Jesus for my clippity clop. Thank you Jesus for my new piano. Thank you Jesus for my Sophia Jammies. Thank you Jesus for Alex's new blocks......" and the list went on and on thanking Jesus for every gift she had received today. It was sooo very sweet and one of those moments as a parent where you thank God that yes, she really was listening when we talked to her about the real meaning of Christmas.
Merry Christmas everyone!!


No comments:
Post a Comment