Thursday, September 4, 2014

Twas the night before 4k....

Where oh where does the time go?  5 years ago on this very night your daddy and I sat in our living room with 20 of our closest friends and family and prayed over you.  It was the night before your frozen embryo transfer.  We praised God for the journey He had planned for you from the very beginning.  We prayed that as the doctors prepared to thaw you out after being frozen for 3 years, you would not only survive the thaw but you would hold on so tight to your mama's belly and grow, grow, grow.

I still remember that night so very clearly - we were at our old house - I can actually remember where most people were sitting, jammed into our living room.  Tears flowed down my cheeks as I wondered if God would finally answer our prayers for a baby.  As I looked around the room, I remember thinking that God' plan was perfect - that each of these people here He had brought into our lives for a reason - some we would have never known had it not been for our struggles with infertility.  They were definitely the toughest years of our lives, but brought us so many blessings - a deeper relationship with God, so many new friends, a greater appreciation for what it means to finally be a mama and of course - 2 sweet, sweet babies.

So much has changed in 5 years.  New house, new baby brother, new challenges, new milestones - yet so much stays the same.  God is still in charge.  God still has an awesome plan for your life, little girl.  So as I sit here wondering where time went and how I will feel seeing you get on that bus all by yourself tomorrow, I know God is in charge.  I know He will take care of you.  My job is the same as it was 5 years ago - to pray like crazy, do everything I can to help you to grow and trust that God will do the rest.

As for you, you are so very ready for 4k.  Today you were a little disappointed that you can only go for a half day - you really want to go all day long.  For now, sweet girl, you are still mine in the afternoons.  You are mine to love on, mine to be silly with, mine to snuggle with, mine to dance with and mine to play with - for one more year.  So as you dream tonight about your 4k adventures, this mama is praising God for that answer to prayer 5 years ago and praying that the next 5 don't go quite so fast!!

I love you, Makenna Lee!  You really are our "gift of happiness" and I pray that God would use you as you go out into the world (ok, maybe just 4k - but that feels like a big old world to me tonight;)) you would continue to do what you are so good at - bringing smiles to people's faces - that you would be a gift of happiness to everyone you meet.

Ok, she is NOT as big as she looks in this picture, right?!


Sweet dreams my little 4k-er, Sweet dreams....



And Happy 5 year Thaw-versary:)




No comments:

Post a Comment