Oh sweet Kenna-girl, in just a few short hours you will be NINE. How is that even possible?! I know, I know I say that every year. But really, truly, you can slow down ANY time now ok? You, my sweet girl, are such a treasure. You are my happy, sweet, excited, loving, caring, mature, outgoing, invincible girl. Having a front row seat to watching you grow up is pretty awesome. God is going to do some pretty big things with you, I just know it. Heck, He already has and you are only NINE. Wait, not for a few more hours. In fact it was about this time 9 years ago when I started pleading with God to please make you JUST COME OUT ALREADY. But, you weren’t ready. You had your own timing and your own plan. I should have known then...... stinker!
This year has been such a great year - your first play, your first solo, your first part in a real production, your first real softball team, your FAVORITE teacher EVER! Gosh, it’s been fun to watch you grow. You are such a sweet girl. Just last week, Alex’s coach told me how amazed she was at the ease with which you went up to two girls you had never met and asked them to play with you. By the end of the game, the three of you were having a blast. I love that about you. You aren’t afraid to just be yourself, to welcome others in and to take risks. You are so comfortable in your own skin. You, my girl, are so very brave.
You are a born leader. So many people use the word mature to describe you and I’d have to agree. You love to be in charge and you are really good at it. This year, mama taught Sunday school at Sussex CrossWay. You were so excited to help and the kiddos adored you. You had a way of making the shyest kiddos feel totally welcome and really open up. You were such a great helper and I know that extends to other areas of your life too.
You and I have grown closer this past year and I’ve REALLY treasured our late night talks in your gray chair. I’m learning to listen more and talk less and it’s amazing how good your problem solving skills are. You LOVE a good shopping trip with mama and are soooo fun to hang out with.
I had an absolute blast coaching your Upward basketball game again this year and I know daddy is loving coaching your Falls Angels softball team, too. You’ve only had a few softball games this year so far, but they are SO fun to watch. You’ve worked SO hard at practice and it really shows!
Makenna, your daddy is CRAZY about you. I can’t even tell you how much he adores you. He’s your biggest fan (well, other than me and Alex) and would do anything for you. You will always be his baby girl
You are THE best big sister. Sure you and Alex have your squabbles, but you are crazy about him and are always looking out for him. He’s so lucky to have you!
Makenna, I am very much looking forward to celebrating YOU tomorrow! I think you’bve Told me at least 100 times this week that it is your birthday tomorrow and I love how excited you are to celebrate with us. We’re planning to head to church and then just bum around town - the coffee shop, farmers market, batting cages and if you’re lucky maybe we’ll be able to squeeze a movie in too before you head to softball practice with daddy.
I’m all set with your balloons to put outside your door, your presents and now I’m off to find Captain Zoom.......
Happy birthday Kenna girl! We love you. So much.
No comments:
Post a Comment