Happy 5 months Makenna!!!
In usual fashion, guess who woke up shortly after midnight to let us know it was her birthday? She does it every month - totally cracks us up. Last night it was at 12:20am and she woke up jibber jabbering away - Brad and I both got up and went in her room and her face lit up with smiles and she just kept right on a singing. I'm pretty sure she was singing "happy birthday to me!"
Here is a video of her from today:
And some fun pics from today:
Such a happy girl!!
Killer eyes!
Pure chubbs!
So pretty
Look at me, I know I'm SO stinkin cute!
Some fun facts:
-I am now officially in my crib. I had started getting up once during the middle of the night again anyway for a feeding so mommy and daddy decided to put me in the crib and see what happened. I did great the first night - no spitup on my pretty hair in the morning and I only got up once. Since then, I haven't been doing quite as well, but I have a bit of a bug and that might be part of it, too.
-I am a SUPER happy baby!
-I love to spit all over the place - daddy taught me how to stick out my tongue and make a spitty mess and I can't stop. Lots of nights I will wake up in my crib and just lay there spitting all over the place:)
-I'm a CHUNK - last week's doctor visit I measured in at 16lbs 8oz!
-My neck is slowly getting stronger - doctor thinks I have torticollis (where one sides neck muscles are shorter than the other) so I start PT to help stretch them out and straighten out my neck this Friday.
-I love my exersaucer! It lights up and plays fun music - red, yellow and bluuuue!
-I like it when mommy takes me for walks in the baby bjorn. I can look all around and see the pretty trees
-I am starting to notice Bugsey more. I will just sit and stare at him when I'm in my bumbo and on a few occassions, I've reached out and grabbed a handful of his fur.
-While I've been giggling for a few months now, I haven't had that big laugh out loud giggle until just this week. Its the CUTEST thing ever!
-I haven't figured out how to put my feet in my mouth yet, but I sure do like to look at them and try to figure out how to.




Awww she's so cute!!! Hadleigh had torticollis too, seems way common lately. We did the PT and exercises at home and she got to stop PT right around her 1st birthday.
ReplyDeleteMakenna is getting big!!! Hadleigh weighed 19lbs 7oz at her 15 month appt. Of course she's not a big fan of eatting.......it's always a challenge.
oh and that was me, Niki Maher =-)
ReplyDelete