Well, the day has finally come to say goodbye to Rachel and Clint. I hoped it just wouldn't come, that they really weren't moving and that they'd be here forever. Boo. Its amazing how close you can grow to someone you've only known for 2 1/2 years. I guess going through something as painful and trying as infertility with someone will do that. There's just something comforting about finding someone that knows exactly what you are going through. I was going through emails between us from shortly after we met the other day and tearing up at what an amazing gift Rachel really was and is in my life. God gave her to me right when I needed her. She prayed for me. She prayed with me. She shared bible verses with me that God laid on her heart for me. She strengthened my faith when I was hanging on by a thread. She reminded me that God is faithful and He comforts us in our troubles. When I found out I was pregnant and she found out she wasn't, she celebrated with me. She put her pain aside and spent the day with me, bumming around the Third Ward, shopping, eating and dreaming of life with kids. I feel so fortunate to have been able to get to know her, to share pregnancy with her, to share the first year of our kids' lives together, to share life with her. We have so much fun together and I will miss crashing your house on my days off to watch the kids all chase after each other. Rachel, you are an amazing woman and Greenwood, South Carolina is a lucky town for getting you. We will miss you SO much! We are already counting down the days until we can come and visit you!! Muah!!!
Last night we had a great night with Rachel and Clint - they said their goodbyes to Makenna before bed:
And then had a campfire with just the 4 of us. It was great to be silly and just hang out with you guys one last time. We LOVE you and already miss you SOOOOO much!!!!!
I shouldn't even comment because it will make us both cry! .....
ReplyDeleteI love you Laura and Makenna (we'll miss you too Brad and Bugs!)