Friday, June 1, 2012

HAPPY GOLDEN BIRTHDAY, MAKENNA!

Makenna Lee, there is so much I could write in this post, I don't even know where to start.  You are an amazing, funny, sweet, sassy, beautiful, observant, determined, cute little girl.  You make your daddy and I laugh every single day.  Every new stage just keeps getting better and better.  I almost wish I had a video camera of your life running so I could bottle it all up and watch it over and over.  Your daddy and I can't imagine life without you.  We sure picked the right name for you, Makenna - you really are God's gift of happiness in our lives.  Lately I've been reflecting a lot on your journey into this world and how truly awesome God's plan for you was and is.  I love that you were hand-picked just for us.  I love that you were frozen and stored just for us, until the perfect time when we were ready for you.  I love that God had you all picked out for us as we were starting our infertility journey and through all the heartache and all the pain, God knew he had this "gift of happiness" waiting just for us.  He literally had you frozen until just the right time.  I can't imagine my life without you, Makenna.  I love you.  Happy 2nd birthday!!

So, what are you up to these days??  You are busy, busy, busy!

Some random facts:

You love to sing.  Your favorites include Jesus Loves Me, Jingle Bells, Elmo's World, The A,B,C's Strawberry Shortcake and Happy Birthday.  You will often sing in your crib either before you fall asleep or as soon as you wake up.




You are a talker.  Your vocabulary is really big!  I'm not sure there is anything you can't say and you are talking in full sentences more and more.  You will constantly point out everything you see around you - mostly what people are wearing ("mama - ruffle shirt, purple ruffle shirt", "daddy - brewer game shirt"). 


You are a very observant little girl and can spot things like Elmo and Minnie Mouse from really far away.  Yesterday we were at the doctor and an older gentleman had on a Brewer hat.  As we walked by him, you pointed to it and said "mama, Brewer hat" and he smiled the biggest smile at you. 

You have started repeating a lot of the things daddy and I say - some that have made me laugh recently - "hurry mommy, hurry", "mama, where are you?", "naughty bunny" - there is a bunny that dug a hole in our grass and daddy is very mad at him.  You say "watch out!" and "be careful" and "don't fall down, mama". 

You are constantly making those around you smile.  You are the most beautiful little girl I've ever seen and you still get a lot of attention when we go out.  You are a charmer and you eat it up every time.

You love all things girly - pink, princesses, dolls, tea parties, etc.  You are very particular about what you wear and will often SCREAM that you want to wear your Strawberry Shortcake, Elmo or Minnie Mouse jammies- you would wear them all day if you could. 

You LOVE to watch TV, although it usually makes you crabby so we try to really limit it.  Your favorite shows are Bubble Guppies, Mickey Mouse, Sesame Street, Thomas and Jake and the Neverland Pirates.

You LOVE to play on mommy's Ipad.  You have already figured out how to switch from app to app and how to play your videos, too. 

You are still a pretty good eater.  You have discovered Kopp's and will say "Kopp's" and "custard" when we pass it.  Your favorites are pizza, grapes, watermelon, noodles and yogurt.  You also love it when mommy makes you smoothies.  You are pretty picky when it comes to veggies. 

You are a VERY polite little girl.  You say please and thank you all the time and when you want a toy from someone, you will follow them around saying "thank you" even before they give it to you. 

You like to shout out random bedtime prayers after we say "Amen" - lately it has been "Amen, Grandpa or Amen, Uncle Derek, or Amen Frozen Babies!"  We have been praying for the one frozen sibling you have left.  This week, we drove past the hospital and I asked you to wave hi to the frozen baby and you kept saying "hi frozen baby" and blowing kisses.  When we stopped in at the infertility clinic, you waved some more and then when we left you yelled out "bye frozen baby!". 
Here you are saying "Monkey Brewer Shirt"

happy girl!

I love you, Makenna Lee!!

Our new "birthday wreath" mommy made!!  I look forward to getting this out every year to celebrate!

Sweet as a strawberry

Love the smiles!!!

We have quite the birthday fun planned for you!  Mommy got you a Mickey Mouse, Strawberry Shortcake, Elmo and Princess balloon to surprise you with in your crib tomorrow morning (thanks Great Uncle John and Great Auntie Sharon for babysitting me while mommy ran to the store to buy them tonight!!!)  We are hoping to spend a nice day doing all your favorite things - Starbucks for coffee (ok, maybe that is mommy's favorite, but you do like to come with me and everyone there adores you!), on to the Sucker Bank to deposit your birthday money, maybe a trip to the Disney Store to pick out a princess, a trip to the fish store to see if we can find Jack (you are not sure where he went- I was planning on keeping it a secret from you that he died a few weeks ago, but Oma asked you what happened to Jack and every since you keep saying - oh, no - where Jack go??).  We are planning to end the day with your first Brewer game of the year!  I can't wait to spend a family day together!!!!
Happy Birthday, Makenna Lee!!  2 years ago at this hour, mommy was just getting ready to (finally) start pushing!!  By 1:19am tomorrow morning you made your way into this world and our lives have been forever changed because of it.  Mommy and Daddy love you very much Kenna!!


No comments:

Post a Comment