Wednesday, July 4, 2012

Happy 4th of July

This year we kept with our annual tradition despite the heat and headed down to Sijan park to watch the "Big Bang" fireworks on the 3rd.  We've been going there for quite a few years now and I LOVED that this was the first year Makenna could actually watch and appreciate the fireworks.  It's the perfect place to watch them because it is far enough that you can't hear them but close enough that you get a really great view from the top of the hill. 
Attempting to roll down the big hill while we wait

 Here they come!!
 Love this one:)
 I LOVED watching her face as the fireworks started - she got SO excited and kept yelling - Red one!  Green one!  I want another red one!  It was super sweet:)
 Pure sweetness
This was a tough one to try to get the fireworks and her in the shot....

And this morning.....off to the 4th of July parade in our neighborhood!!

It was HOT!  But daddy and K had fun!

Mmmm, free ice cream at the end

Happy 4th of July everyone!!


No comments:

Post a Comment