We're finally getting settled into the new house. Makenna was a little unsure at first, but seems to be adjusting pretty well. For the first week or so she didn't really want to go outside at all - every time we did she'd say - nooo, back inside, back inside. The past few days we've spent a bit more time out there blowing bubbles and playing with her toys and she's been pretty happy. We've met most of our neighbors and they all seem very nice. There are lots of kids in the neighborhood but we haven't met many of them yet. Hopefully once the weather gets cooler again and Makenna is ready to play outside more we'll make some new friends.
So far we haven't been out for many jammie walks. The entire first week, we'd offer it and Makenna would say "NOOO jammie walk!" We finally made it out Saturday night, but didn't make it very far as a few of our neighbors came out to meet us. Hopefully she'll be ready for more jammie walks this weekend. I think she misses our old neighbors loving on her all the time:)
We are slowly getting settled in. I'm having a blast decorating - I just have to pace myself and remember that it doesn't all have to be perfect right away. We're enjoying the extra space - Makenna has mastered the stairs and will tell me "I'll be right back mama" when she runs up to get a toy or "I can do it myself" when she tries going up the stairs. Her newest thing to tell us is "I still _______" either playing or watching or eating or reading - she says it whenever I try to tell her its time to go or it's time to go to bed. It's pretty funny.



No comments:
Post a Comment