This is exactly how I feel about it, too, Makenna - can't believe your first day of pre-school is already here!
As daddy would say, it isn't "technically" preschool, it's daycare. In my opinion if you need a backpack, a lunch packed, and learn and play all day, it's preschool:)
Makenna, you woke up so very excited to start school today. I heard you yelling over the monitor, Mommy I ready, Mommy I ready. When I walked into your room and asked you what you were ready for you yelled I READY FOR SCHOOL! You have such a good memory and you remembered that we prayed before we went to bed last night that you would have a good first day at school.
The token front step picture - you wanted nothing to do with it so getting a picture was tough, but I managed to get a few good ones.
You were very excited to go to school! You wanted to walk all by yourself which made mommy tear up a little....
You were very excited to get to your classroom and despite a couple other screaming kids in your room, you played with all the toys and were ready for me to leave.
I, on the other hand had a hard time leaving. You are my baby girl and while it may just be a glorified daycare, it means you are getting older and more independent.
I did a good job holding in my tears until I got out to the car:)
When daddy and I came to pick you up you were SO very excited to see us and went on and on about how much fun you had at school!
You are a "honeybee" this year and here is your nametag and backpack spot in the hallway
You were so excited to see daddy there to pick you up too.
After school we stopped at the mall to pick up some birthday presents for your friend's party this weekend. You were SO thirsty you guzzled this milk down in no time.
The first day of school is certainly reason to celebrate with a little dinner at Kopp's - we may have to make this an annual first day of school tradition! Yumm!
Happy first day of preschool baby girl!! I hope and pray that this year will be lots of fun and you will learn more and more about Jesus and how much He loves you.











So sweet! Where is she going? I love all the pictures, she is just too cute!
ReplyDeleteKate - she is going to Elmbrook's ECCEC. We're heard great things about it. How are you guys? I've been following your blog & see all your FB posts - so proud of you for doing the 1/2 marathon. Great job!
ReplyDelete