Monday, July 1, 2013

Another ER visit and a girls weekend



 
We had a bit of a rough start to the weekend.... I woke up Friday morning with a HORRIBLE stomach bug.  I'm still not sure if it was something I ate or what, but I couldn't keep any fluids or food in me all day.  Thankfully I had this little sweetie checking up on me with her doctor kit.  By mid-afternoon it wasn't getting any better so I called in reinforcements.  Uncle Derek came to save the day & take Makenna for a bit while I napped and tried to recouperate.

 
Unfortunately, by 7pm I still wasn't able to keep any fluids down and those once swollen pregnancy ankles had shrunk back down to normal size.  I weighed myself and was down 9 lbs since the previous night and knew it was time to call the doc. 
 
 


 
Unfortunately, that meant another Friday night visit to the ER:(  Thankful Grandma was able to come over and releive Uncle Derek so Daddy could come with me.  Thankfully I was 24 weeks so they let me go up to the labor & delivery floor instead of waiting in the ER which is good because the ER was PACKED!  I ended up getting 2 of these IV bags of fluid and they finally let us go at 3am.  By then I was feeling much better and apparently really needed the fluid since even after getting all this fluid pumped back into me, I still didn't have to pee! 
 Other than a lack of sleep, by Saturday morning I was feeling much better.  Daddy was plannig on painting the baby's room and our room so Makenna and I headed up to my parents for the weekend.
 
 
My little date for the weekend - gosh I love her!
 



Saturday night we had a cookout with some high school friends and their families.  It was SO great to be able to see all these kiddos have a blast playing together and catch up with some good friends!  Makenna was LOVING all the girlie toys, too!
 
Sunday morning we were able to spend with Oma, Papa & Cookie Beek at church & out for breakfast
 
Love this one!!
 
I'm not sure Oma can hear after all this screaming!
 
Makenna loves her some Oma & Papa!
 
Then it was off for a little girl time with Auntie Amy, Mommy & Cousin Madison. 
 
We had soo much fun just hanging out.  Makenna was such a good girl all weekend! 
 
 
 
We sure missed Daddy, though & it was nice to head home and see him, too!  Here she is playing with her tea set before bed.... who needs clothes to play tea with your puppy right?
 
 
 

1 comment:

  1. Oh no! lost 9 lbs in one day! Good thing you went in... and felt so much better the next day! 24 weeks already, wow!

    ReplyDelete