The weather was quite balmy yesterday so we decided to make an impromptu trip downtown to see the Christmas Lighting ceremony & the fireworks!
Makenna was SOO excited to see the fireworks, but after picking her up from school and getting stuck in traffic and not being able to find a parking spot we weren't sure it was worth the hassle of getting both kiddos in the car & ready to go....
But seeing these 2 oooh and ahhh as they watched the fireworks together - yup - totally worth it!!
We made it downtown just in time - I dropped them off, parked a few blocks away and then walked with Alex to meet up with Daddy and Kennagirl at the park just before the fireworks started. I love nights like this! I always feel bad taking pictures when I should be enjoying the moment, but I love getting shots like this and honestly, I'm not sure I'd have the awesome memories I do of our family without the pictures to look at and remember!
So sweet
Trying to get a family selfie shot, but neither of these 2 hams would get out of the way so it totally looks like I am photo bombing the picture instead!!
After the fireworks we even braved dinner at a restaurant downtown - the kids did pretty good until Alex got hungry and I was forced to feed him in the bathroom and then he started to get fussy and it was all down hill from there. Ha! Life with 2 kiddos!! Still so glad we went though!!
No comments:
Post a Comment