5 years ago we got an email that changed our lives forever. We were just getting over the heartache of losing our first 3 adopted embryos and preparing our hearts for what God had next. Our adoption agency forwarded us this email from a 2nd donor family that had just reviewed our profile and that they thought would be a good match:
"We received your package from Brad and Laura today. It made me cry. I guess you are a good listener. I also will start praying that all three of our embryos become children for Brad and Laura. They seem like the perfect match. I hope this email brings their long journey to become parents to a happy end. Please let us know how to proceed, we would be honored to have them adopt our embryos.
P.S. Please warn Brad and Laura that these children are genetically engineered to be Tigers and Michigan fans so they will have to get over it:)"
Pretty sure I got the best Mothers Day present of all that year!

Hi Laura,
ReplyDeleteI hope this comment finds you doing well. I'm the Director of Operations for the National Registry for Adoption (www.nrfa.org) Our mission is to make adoption simplified and spread the word about embryo donation and adoption.
I came across your blog and would like to ask you to submit a "guest blog" on our site. This can be a new blog you are interested in promoting or a past blog post that you really loved and would like to share with more people. Our own founder, Charis Johnson, has an embryo success story we've posted here:
http://www.nrfa.org/embryo-adoption-baby-zoe
We would really appreciate that shared post and would love to have about three options of either new ideas or old blog posts that we could review and choose.
Please let me know if you are interested! We'd love to hear from you.
You can reach me at katie.cline @ nrfa.org
Love this story!
ReplyDelete