Monday, November 3, 2014

Oh Kenna girl......

The things you say.....

I've been so lax in keeping up with blogging about Makenna on here so I thought I'd take a quick minute to jot down what she has been up to...

-This was earlier this summer but she went through a phase where she would use the word "soaking" all the time in the completely wrong context.....as in:  "Mama, these books sure are soaking heavy" or "Because my bike is soaking fast" or my favorite while trying to help me pull weeds "it is soaking heavy".  Brad and I would laugh every time because if you didn't know any better it was as if she was using soaking as a curse word.



-It is almost as though she is a teenager with her phone.  I gave her my old cell phone since it had music on it so that she could listen to her songs.  She figured out how to turn on the wi-fi and now she is on it non-stop trying to watch You Tube videos and play her favorite Veggie Tales songs on it.  She knows how to work Pandora, You Tube and the music on it pretty well.  She is even smart enough to search for Veggie Tales on You Tube using the search history.  There are no pictures or anything, just the words "veggie tales" but she recognizes it and knows that if she hits it her Veggie Tales videos pop up.

-She is still obsessed with the IPad.  She always wants to watch her shows in the morning on the Ipad instead of the TV while she eats breakfast and she is constantly switching it over to Spanish speaking Disney Jr.  She will just sit and listen to it as if she understands it all.  She's convinced she knows Spanish and she will remind us all the time that the Spanish word for October is Octobre.

-Alex is always into her toys but she has the old bait and switch down quite well.  "Alex, look at this fun toy over here" - and then she grabs whatever he had.

-She is loving school.  She is learning all sorts of things and loves to put it into practice.  She is starting to want to write more and more words and will grab her notebook and ask me how to spell all sorts of things.  She is working on patterns and learning about attributes.  She has mastered her upper case letters but is still working on writing her lower case letters.
Working on her patterns

-She does not love after school care.  She always asks us to pick her up early although every time I pick her up she is having lots of fun there.  I think she just likes to ride the bus home and see us at lunch on my days off so she gets a little sad when she has to stay at school all day.

-She is currently in ballet and has a recital coming up in a few weeks.  I'm not sure how much she is actually learning there, but I'm sure the recital will be fun.

-She's having less and less meltdowns..... or at least when she does have a meltdown they are easier to snap her out of.  Most of the time it is fake crying and in no time at all I can get her to laugh at something and snap out of it.

-She loves morning snuggle time with daddy on Saturday mornings.

-She LOVES her bedtime routine with daddy.  I am still nursing Alex at night so daddy is in charge of Makenna.  He reads her a few stories, her bible stories, prays with her and then I get to go in and sing to her.  Every night it is the same 2 - hush little baby and nigh nigh Kenna.  She goes to bed great and doesn't ever get up in the middle of the night anymore.  She does often get up before we do and gets mad when she comes in our room and we aren't ready to get up yet.  The rule is she can't get up before the clock says 7 and if she comes in our room before that she needs to be quiet or go back in her room.

-She rarely naps.  Her favorite excuse - "I don't know how to sleep!"

-We had our first pea up the nose experience.  I was a little worried when she came to me and said "mommy we have a little problem."  I laid her on the changing table and got out the flashlight and sure enough there was a pea lodged WAY up her nose.  Thankfully she was able to blow hard enough and it came flying out.

-She is currently on a huge "game" kick - she likes to play Candyland and her match games.  She is really good at the match games and has a crazy good memory.



She is, well, beautiful - inside and out:) 

She LOVES arts and crafts and to color.  She is getting really good at staying in the lines and always comes home from school with markers all over her fingers. 
That chin..... I just love her little chin
I even got to chaperone her fieldtrip a few weeks ago.....
.
We went to the pumpkin farm

It was so fun getting to meet her classmates and to spend some good one on one time with my Kenna girl


LOVE this picture of her with daddy!


We love you Kenna girl!!













-

1 comment: