Wednesday, October 14, 2015

Alex's 2nd Birthday

We had a GREAT day today celebrating Alex's 2nd birthday!!


Makenna was SOOO excited to surprise him with his birthday balloons.  I think she asked me 20 times the night before - "you're gonna wake me up when it's time to surprise him right?"


Here we go!


Wellllll........that didn't go as planned.  Poor kid SCREAMED when we all came in, turned on the lights and showed him his balloons.  Lol!  


Real tears..... poor kid just had a nasty poopy diaper that needed to be changed first.


And then he was happy as can be with his balloons and his new book!


There's my smiley Bubbers!!


Present time!!






Woah - a fire engine!!





And a fire station to go with it!





So fun!!  He LOVED them!


We went downstairs and let him watch his favorite - Twenty Trucks video!  


We headed out to the bus stop with sissy only to find we were greeted by 2 dump trucks and a crane that were driving around our neighborhood to pick up the fall brush.  Here he is chasing after them.


Once sissy got on the bus, we jumped in the car and followed the trucks around our neighborhood for awhile watching them work.  Then we headed to Starbucks for some breakfast, just me and my Bubbies.


"Dis is mine mommy, dis is mine?"


And of course, his smoothie!

I would love to tell you that we had the perfect little breakfast at Starbucks but shortly after I took this he lost his balance on the chair and rolled off the chair and onto the ground, under the chair next to him.  Poor kid!!  So we ended breakfast with some good snuggles at Starbucks and then headed to the Piggly Wiggly.


"I push the carts, mommy, I push the carts?"

He proceeded to try out all 12 carts they had lined up until he picked just the right one.


And then sped around the Piggly Wiggle making every old lady he almost ran over smile.  


We headed to the choo choo bridge too.  He insisted on walking....he IS 2 now after all:)  


It was the perfect day for a little fall stroll.



I love that little finger.


Just a few minutes of waiting and we were lucky enough to see a train coming!  



A little playing in the leaves, too.

I was really hoping to take the entire day off work to spend with him, but with the tax deadline the day after his birthday that doesn't work out so well.  Luckily, Ms. Jamie had a pretty special day planned for him.  


He was very impressed with the clothes she picked out for him:)  


And had lots of fun painting little pumpkins...


And only ate a *little* of the paint #blueteeth


Ms. Jamie made him a special treat for lunch - his favorite P,B&J's


And of course, some birthday cake for dessert.


Mommy picked him up a little early and we headed to Pick N Save to pick out a cake for our family.  He picked the dog cake.  



He LOVED blowing out the candles.  So much so that I lit them more than once!

We ended the day with a trip to Costco where we let him run around and then some more fun and games before bed.  I even let him wear his new Paw Patrol jammies Ms. Jamie got him to bed.  



What a great day!!!  Happy 2nd birthday Alexander Brooks!!










No comments:

Post a Comment