Sunday, October 18, 2015

The party....


I had lots of fun once again planning Alex's 2nd birthday party.
We decided to invite just family and a few of Alex's little neighbor friends to keep it small and I'm so thankful.  I've had a crazy few weeks at work and have been trying to spend as much "free" time as I can visiting dad so it was nice to keep it a little more low key and not go too crazy party planning:) 

But, I still managed to have a little fun putting it together!


The invites.  One of the benefits of a small party - you can hand make the invites and it doesn't take FOREVER to do.  


The token water bottles....lol

In usual fashion, I had more sweets than anything but I thought they turned out cute.  We did a Paw Patrol theme with lots of puppy stuff so I snagged these little dog dishes at the dollar store and filled them with homemade puppy chow.  

I had intended just to make the regular stuff, but we have a neighbor boy that has a peanut allergy so I wanted to make something he could eat so I went with Cake Batter, Pumpkin and Peanut Butter.  

Mmmmm, tasty!



White chocolate covered pretzels - aka Fetch Sticks

Licorice - aka chew sticks

And of course, no party is complete at my house without Great Great Grandma Busch's sugar cookies - shaped like dog bones (of course).  

I was glad I made these because we went to visit Cookie Beek on Saturday and her eyes lit up when she saw I brought her a container full of them.  


The sweets table

A little pup-corn

 Some salted caramel pumpkin cream cheese dip with doggy bone graham crackers for dipping


It's the little things:)


And as if there weren't enough sweets to be had.....a big 'ol cake.  I was going to get a smaller one, but the Costco ones are just such a good deal, they end up being cheaper than a smaller one.  Costco actually only has a few designs to choose from and this wasn't one of them but when I requested some paw prints on a cake they certainly came through.  I added Rubble and his dozer and Voila! 

A little punch


and finally, some Puppy PB&J's (again with the dog bone cookie cutter)

I got way less fancy with the mantle and was totally ok with that!

Makenna and I did have a lot of fun chalking these paw prints on the walk while Alex slept before his party.



My last minute attempt at some balloons outside.....there were more than a few guests that had to duck on the way in..... lol!


And my FAVORITE decoration of the day..... a fire hydrant on the bathroom door.  Of course!!

Look who woke up just in time for the party to start!!!



The birthday boy with his birthday balloon wreath



Makenna with the newest Best - little miss Leila Grace.  She is sooooooooooo sweet and I got to snuggle her and snuggle her and snuggle her.  Love you Leila!!

Alex playing with Annikana

Someone enjoyed the PB&J's - so much that he had 4 of them!!  He also helped me make them at lunch, making sure that awkward middle cut out piece didn't go to waste when I cut them out - he ate all of them!

Cake time!!

He was so proud of himself for blowing out the candles



Love the way his buddy Ben is smiling at him in this picture --- they LOVE each other- it is soooo sweet!

He only made me light the candles so he could blow them out 3 times!

He was having a blast with the Dozer on the cake.

We love you Bubbers!!!!




Time to open presents!!


He was this excited to open every. single. one.  So sweet.  I love this age!!




A new train set!


A super fun Mickey mouse card from Grandma and Grandpa
 (and more excitedly a trampoline from them!!)




A build a bear Bucky from Ben & Maddie!



Thanking everyone for coming


And the goodies for the guests



That's the sign of a great party!!!!

What a great day!!  A great ending to a great birthday week!!

We love you Alexander Brooks!!!  Happy 2nd birthday!!





No comments:

Post a Comment