Monday, December 17, 2012

1st annual Country Springs Christmas

This year we decided to check out the Country Springs Christmas lights.  To our delight, it turned out to be $10 Monday so we saved $5 on the deal, too:) 
 
 Makenna didn't quite love the outside lights..... We kept yelling - look at the penguin or look at the snowflake and she would yell back - "I don't see a penguin!" and "I want to go in the castle!" when she saw the a castle all lit up.
She did however LOVE the tunnel of lights.  Here she is "holding up" the tunnel as we drive through it.  Growing up I think we held up every tunnel we ever went through on our Janssen family vacations and I am happy to pass on this tradition:)  Who doesn't love these little chubby fingers?  So precious.

Long story on this one, but we even managed to find a Christmas Dragon and as anticipated Makenna cried that she was scared of the dragon. 
 
 
After the outside lights, there are 2 inside areas to walk through.  Love that you can actually see Makenna saying baby Jesus in this one.  She had a party for Baby Jesus at school today and she has been talking about him non-stop.  I love it. 


Here she asked me - "mommy, is Jesus wearing a diaper?" followed up with "Did Jesus poop in his diaper?"  Ha! Ha!

I would say that she is pondering the magic of Christmas and the Jesus story judging by the look on her face in this one but after the above conversation with her, I'm not sure that is the case...
 
The next area had trains set up and she LOVED watching this!

Here she is watching for the Nemo train with Daddy

She could have sat here all night


 

Ok, I will pose for one picture...

Maybe 2...

But now I wanna go back by the trains!! 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment