Life has been a little crazy around here lately - before my surgery we were busy getting ready for me to be off a week and trying to get ahead at work and ready for Christmas. The week after my surgery was busy with laying around and family over to help out. Poor daddy has been crazy busy at work getting clients ready for year-end with tax planning and last minute phone calls. It has just been a very busy season in our lives. So today, I stayed in my jammies most of the morning and the Makenna and I just hung out and played. She rarely asks me to read her stories (unless it is naptime or bedtime) so I was thrilled when she asked me to snuggle up with her and read story after story with her. It is so fun to watch her process everything and hear her reactions to each turn of the page. 

Late this morning, we made a trip to Kohl's to purchase this fun treat for mommy:
I've been eyeing it up for awhile and had some Christmas money burning a hole in my pocket so I splurged (after my 30% coupon and Kohl's cash I did get quite a deal, however).
After naptime, it was time to start some new traditions with me and my Kenna girl....
She refused to smile for pictures - I usually have to do something funny to get her to even look at the camera these days....She was actually so very crabby in this picture and just wanted to watch Strawberry Shortcake...she wasn't having this "tradition thing"...
She was however willing to give me a sweet, sweet kiss:)
And with a little Veggie Tales fruit snack bribing, she forgot all about watching Strawberry Shortcake and it was on to making our first annual batch of Christmas cookies.
The recipe is that from my Great Grandma and I must say my mom has perfected it over the years. These are her specialty and I wanted to be able to share the same tradition we shared as kids with my baby girl.
Mmmmm, someone discovered sprinkles!
And a little colored sugar
Delicious!!
They actually turned out pretty good. I did only make 2 batches, unlike mom who has already made 15 batches this year (16 if you count the entire batch of cookie dough that my brother ate). Here's to our new mommy/daughter annual Christmas cookie baking tradition!
Tonight Makenna and I went to the mall to return a few things and just take in Christmas. I was a little disappointed to find they didn't even have Christmas music playing in much of the mall. We had fun nonetheless and just walked through the mall hand in hand just my baby girl and me.
I have to laugh at this one.... her new favorite thing is to carry the step stool around everywhere and use it as a little bench. Tonight I caught her perusing her DVD's while sitting on the step stool - too funny!
Thank you for a great day, Makenna Lee. I couldn't ask for a better Christmas present from you!!








No comments:
Post a Comment