Friday, April 5, 2013

Bucket list...

I'm officially worn out.  Every tax season we think it can't get any busier, but it always does.  This year I'm thanking Congress for passing tax laws in January, which meant we couldn't file most of our tax returns until early March.  Aargh.  For those of you reading this that don't know us in person, my hubby and I are both CPA's.  He owns an accounting practice that we both work at.  And March & April really suck in our house, I'm gonna be honest.  I think this year is the hardest because Makenna is really at a fun (albeit challenging at times) age.  I think it feels busier this year too because Brad is trying extra hard to make sure I take care of myself and of her and don't stress out.  We've had enough stress in this pregnancy that he really is doing everything he can to make it easier on us.  But, the poor guy is working 7 days a week from 8/9am until the wee hours in the morning - I'm always sleeping by the time he gets home, but I'm pretty sure it is after 1am most nights.  That is honestly 100+ hours a week!  And he has been at this pace for a few months already.  I must say I get the good end of this deal - while it is tough caring for an almost 3 year old solo while still trying to juggle the demands of clients that want to be able to reach you 24/7 and try to take care of myself and this little one growing in my belly (all while missing my hubby like crazy!), I am truly blessed!  The hardest part is probably seeing him so very worn out.... Only 10 more days, honey - we can do it!!! 

We have been doing a really good job at making sure Makenna sees daddy every day for at least some amount of quality time - even if that is morning cartoon snuggles or a quick trip to the office to bring him dinner, give him some snuggles and find something fun to do.  Tonight, it was bubbles at the office:
 
 
 
Isn't that hair gorgeous?!?  I LOVE the post bath wave she gets in it!
 
 
I will say that I am VERY much looking forward to mid-April and SUMMER!  Every year I try to come up with a bucket list of things we want to do, but every year I lose it or forget about it, so I figure if I write it on here we won't lose it!  Ha!

1)  Pirate park, pirate park, pirate park!
2)  Nightly jammie walks
3)  Zoo with daddy at least once a month
4)  Walk down by the lake
5)  Brewer games
6)  Road trip to Appleton to see a Timber Rattlers game with the cousins
7)  Stay-cation downtown with just me and Brad
8)  Farmer's market
9)  Saturday morning pancakes
10) Fly a kite
11)  Teach Makenna to ride a bike (well, one with training wheels anyway)
12)  Go to one of Daddy's softball games
13)  Go to the pool
14)  Sign Makenna up for music lessons with Daddy
15)  Makenna/Daddy date night once a month


Ok,  I'm sure I could come up with a million more but I'll stop here so that it still seems manageable:)  Time to "punch" back in for the night - only a few more tax returns to go! 

Her new before bed & nap stall tactic favorite - "Mama, take my picture so we can send it to daddy!"


No comments:

Post a Comment