After 4+ years of waiting, our dream of becoming parents is finally a reality! We wanted to be able to share this journey with our friends and family via this blog.
We were blessed with the birth of our embryo adopted daughter Makenna Lee on June 2, 2010.
We were doubly blessed on October 14, 2013 when Alexander Brooks was born. Alexander and Makenna are genetic siblings and we are so very thankful to their Texas Fan Club for sharing the gift of life with us!
Your curtains (and the rest of the nursery) look FANTASTIC!!! Thanks for introducing yourself over at the Yahoo group! It's AWESOME for me to see a blog like yours, as I am closing in on the time where I will do my FET. You bkog makes me smile and reminds me of how close I am to be where you are! This is all so amazing!!! By the way, you are GORGEOUS, and absolutely GLOWING!
Laura- Did you do acupuncture and the pineapple thing? Just wondering. I am trying NOT to get hung up on stuff like that, just putting my feelers out...
Lacie - No accupuncuture or pineapple cores here. I did eat pineapple, but didn't go crazy or anything. One thing we did for both our first transfer (which was unsuccessful) and our second transfer is have a group of close friends and family over the night before to pray with us. It was AMAZING to see all the support and to hear everyone lift every part of the process up in prayer. Even when our first transfer didn't work, I was at peace knowing that it was God's plan and that He was still at work in this. And during the first prayer meeting, I still remember praising God for my infertility, thinking how amazing it was to have 20 of my closest friends and family surrounding me the night before we were to become pregnant. How many other women can say the same?? Feel free to email me directly any other questions you might have - bestgirlie@att.net.
Your curtains (and the rest of the nursery) look FANTASTIC!!! Thanks for introducing yourself over at the Yahoo group! It's AWESOME for me to see a blog like yours, as I am closing in on the time where I will do my FET. You bkog makes me smile and reminds me of how close I am to be where you are! This is all so amazing!!! By the way, you are GORGEOUS, and absolutely GLOWING!
ReplyDeleteDAHHHHLING!! Love it!
ReplyDeleteSuper cute!! Can't wait to see them in person :)
ReplyDeleteLaura- Did you do acupuncture and the pineapple thing? Just wondering. I am trying NOT to get hung up on stuff like that, just putting my feelers out...
ReplyDeleteLacie - No accupuncuture or pineapple cores here. I did eat pineapple, but didn't go crazy or anything. One thing we did for both our first transfer (which was unsuccessful) and our second transfer is have a group of close friends and family over the night before to pray with us. It was AMAZING to see all the support and to hear everyone lift every part of the process up in prayer. Even when our first transfer didn't work, I was at peace knowing that it was God's plan and that He was still at work in this. And during the first prayer meeting, I still remember praising God for my infertility, thinking how amazing it was to have 20 of my closest friends and family surrounding me the night before we were to become pregnant. How many other women can say the same?? Feel free to email me directly any other questions you might have - bestgirlie@att.net.
ReplyDelete