Tuesday, March 30, 2010

Why Makenna?

After 2 years of trying unsuccessfully to start our family, Brad and I took a trip to Hawaii to "get away" from it all. We came across the above beach "Makena beach" on one of our day trips and fell in love with it!! We decided that day that if we had a little girl, we would name her Makena. When I looked up what Makena meant, I found it meant "the gift of happiness." We were sold! After our ultrasound, Brad decided she needed another "n" in her name so we could shorten it to Kenna and so came the name Makenna, our precious little gift of happiness:)

4 comments:

  1. What a sweet story...and Makenna is such a cute name! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Makenna is a wonderful name and has a wonderful story to go with it. What a blessed little girl to be entering such a loving family! Way to go, L & B!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love it :) OH, and we decided NOT to steal her name ;)

    ReplyDelete