Yesterday I emailed some pictures of our little miracle baby to the genetic family - aka her "Texas Fan Club" as they like to refer to themselves. We have a semi-open relationship with them - whereby we know each others first names & cities and have pictures of each other, but we don't know last names or any more specifics than that. We wanted to leave the door open down the road so that if Makenna ever wanted to meet her "Texas Fan Club" that was an option. So we exchange emails and pictures at this point, keeping them updated on how we are doing and thanking them once again for sharing this gift of life with us.
I am always encouraged by the emails and with each one, it seems God confirms that this plan of His was so right for both of our families. We are so blessed to have this gift and getting today's email just made me squeeze her and love her even more.
Today's email was especiallly sweet. Apparently the family was in Chicago at a Cubs game and wouldn't you know it, they were playing the Brewers. They are aware that we are huge Brewer fans and here is what she wrote:
"As fate would have it we saw the Cubs loose to the Brewers. Fortunately not the 18 to 2 night, the next one. Luke sweetly said that it was okay because Makenna would be happy;)"
Luke is 5 and that might be the cutest, sweetest thing a 5 year old has ever said. How incredibly sweet!!! I look forward to showing this one to Makenna someday:) It certainly brought a tear (okay, I balled) when I read it.
Embryo adoption is such a gift and we have been so blessed by it. If you ever have any questions on it, please don't hesitate to ask us - we'd be more than happy to share with you:)
I love how you call them "The Texas Fan Club." Its so interesting to me how every EA family has a different relationship with the placing family. I think its one of the most amazing things about this process, the miraculous link between the two families.
ReplyDeleteI am thrilled to hear that you are in communication with your donor family- what a true blessing to all of you!!! Even 5 year old Luke is aware of what a blessing it is!!!
ReplyDeleteHugs!!!!
Congratulations on your precious girl and look at all that hair! Adorable! Glad to hear you have a sweet connection with the Placing Family. It is amazing the ties that can be created. :-)
ReplyDelete