Makenna,
This morning you really impressed mommy with your sweetness. This month your school is sponsoring a Food Drive for the local food pantry. I had intended to go grocery shopping and have you help me pick out some food but we ran out of time this weekend so instead, I had you help me pick food off our shelves to give to the "hungry kids". I asked you what you were willing to share with the kids and instead of picking out the things that you don't really like to give away, you picked out all your favorite things. You wanted to give the kids your peach applesauce and your Abby Cadabby cookies:) Now these are the same Abby Cadabby cookies you SCREAM for in the grocery store when I try to take them away from you and put them back on the shelf. These are the same Abby cookies that you are soooo very excited to hand to the clerk at the register, but make sure she hands right back to you. Today, you didn't even hesitate for a second - you grabbed them off our shelf and put them right in the bag. In fact, you wanted to give them your Grover cookies too, but the box was already opened so we couldn't. When we got to school, I wasn't sure if you would change your mind or give them up willingly when it was time to actually put them in the big bin. You again didn't hesitate for a second and proudly dumped them right in the bin. I'm not sure you really understood what exactly it meant to put it in the bin, but you did it. And my prayer is that there will be a little girl just like you shopping at the food pantry with her mommy and those same Abby cookies will light up her day just like they light up yours when I buy them for you:) Today, baby girl, I pray that you will always have this giving heart. I love you and I am so proud of you:)
Love,
Mommy
No comments:
Post a Comment