Well, my surgery on Wednesday went well. It's done anyway and we are all thankful for that. The doctor ended up removing a cyst from my right ovary and did find a mild case of endometreosis so he cleaned that up too. Praise God that I ended up having to have this laporoscopy because this is really the only way you can be certain you have endometreosis. I have had a few symptoms, but not enough that I would have had a laporoscopy to check for sure. I am thankful to be all "cleaned out" and ready for our next transfer! More than anything I want to make sure my body is as ready as it can be for baby. I wouldn't want to be left wondering if it didn't work if there was something else I could have done. I have a follow up with the doctor next week and then we'll figure out a transfer schedule from there - we are hoping for a February or March transfer.
We are so very thankful to all the help we've had the last few days!!! I am still pretty sore and I'm not able to care for Makenna alone. I still can't really lift her, though I'm figuring out ways to shimmy her out of her crib/onto and off the toilet and into her high chair.
Thanks to Grandma and Grandpa for babysitting while I was in surgery. Thank you for the yummy dinner & the tasty lemon bars, too!!
Thanks to my sister Amy for coming with me and Brad to the hospital and for entertaining Makenna on Wednesday night and helping Brad care for her.
Makenna helped me put princess band aids on each of my incisions and insisted she get one on her tummy too. She keeps checking on me and asking me to see my belly. She tells me which princess is on each of my band aids and then asks me "does it hurt mama? will you be ok mama?"
A very special thank you to my parents who came down Thursday night and helped us with our first ever puking episode on Thursday night. Yuck!!! I thought I heard strange coughing over the baby monitor and I called for Brad to run in and check on Makenna only to find her covered in vomit. Ewwww. If you know Brad, he is NOT a bodily function guy. Bless his heart he proceeded to clean it out of her hair and calm her down while I sat there pretty helpless. I had to pound on mom and dad's door to wake them up. My mom HATES vomit so she quickly sent dad in to help Brad out and she and I put Makenna in the tub to wash the chunks out of her hair. Ick!
Makenna was pretty upset until we busted out the princess band aids. Apparently princess band aids even make a pukey belly feel better.
Thank you Daddy for taking such good care of me.
Thank you Oma for teaching me how to puke in a bucket and for snuggling with me and watching Princess Sophia and Toy Story with me until the wee hours of the night:)
Friday Makenna and I got to spend some good snuggle time together:) She was feeling better and we're thinking the vomit episode must have been due to a little too much watermelon with dinner on Thursday night. I guess that's what you get for buying a watermelon in December...
Thank you Great Auntie Sharon for the YUMMY lasgna!!!! I'm pretty sure it is the best lasagna I've ever eaten & the pan will last us all week!!
And finally, thanks to Daddy for taking care of us this week! Thank you for making Mommy laugh so hard before her surgery with all your funny antics that she wasn't even scared going under. Thank you for praying with her before her surgery, reminding her that God would take care of her. Thank you for taking such good care of Makenna and loving her, playing with her and snuggling her to make up for this time that mommy just can't. Thank you for cleaning up all that yucky puke and not even complaining once about it. Thank you for waiting on mommy when she couldn't move around so well. Thank you, daddy! We love you!






Aww, it all ended so sweetly! I had to be "cleaned out" to try for Molly! I have endometriosis, I was diagnosed at 14. I will be praying for your healing and recovery, and for baby transfer!!
ReplyDelete