Well, praise God my lining has thickened up right on schedule this time through which means we are ready to proceed! Our transfer is scheduled for next week Thursday, January 31st at 3pm.
And starting tonight at 10:00 - SHOTS!!
Don't you love my step by step visual....In case you are wondering what each of these is for...
Step 1 - darken the circles that the nurse has drawn on each of my butt cheeks with the "target area"... yes, I have one sharpie circle on one side and a sharpie smiley face on the other:). Needless to say I don't think I'll be heading to the gym anytime soon. I'm already a little leery of anyone seeing my naked butt cheeks in the locker room - even more so with the hieroglyphics on them.
Step 2 - Ice! Courtesy of Makenna, this time around I will be icing with a sweet little princess boo boo buddy! Ha!
Step 3 - a little music..... I couldn't resist putting this in there. I had totally forgotten about this until Elizabeth emailed me last night, but last time around Brad thought it would be funny to have a little theme music while he got my meds ready so he picked.... "Rumpshaker". I went ahead and dug that little gem back out for tonight:) Hey, ya gotta make it fun, right?
Step 4 - This is Brad's role and bless his heart he does a WONDERFUL job at it - get the meds ready. This little flip flop post it note has very detailed step by step instructions on what to do - I wrote it up from his notes last time we did this. At yesterday's refresher lesson with the nurse he took a new set of notes and I wouldn't be surprised if he showed up with a typed up, laminated version tonight at 10pm. If you know Brad, he is quite the type A personality and he wants to make sure this big 'ol needle is full of EXACTLY the right amount of meds. He also HATES this part, so honey, THANK YOU for doing this for us!!
Step 5 - I contemplated putting a big ol picture of my circley/smiley faced butt cheeks but decided against it. Let's just say this is the YOWCH!!!! part....
Step 6 - Band aids! Courtesy of Makenna, this time around I will not be boring with small circle band aids but rather I have Tinkerbell, Elmo and Princesses to choose from. That will surely make it hurt less, right?
Step 7 - Heat, heat, heat! That seemed to work for me last time.
Here we go!!!! If I am lucky (i.e. and get pregnant) I will be able to continue with this every night for the next 12 weeks!! That is only 84 shots to go!!
Bring em on!!!!

So exciting! Good luck with the shots!!
ReplyDeleteI found your blog thru SUYL! I'll be praying for you!! Could you do a post about how/why you chose/led to embryo adoption? We are in the process of finalizing our adoption thru foster care in the next few months and I feel my heart being pulled toward embryo adoption! I just don't want to do anything outside of God's will this time around :) Thanks for sharing your story! I can't wait to hear that your pregnant!!
ReplyDeleteCrystal
www.rcolbertreport.com