I woke up singing this song, excited for what was to come. Funny thing, I sat down to spend some time with God and pulled out my journal from 3 years ago when we were preparing for Makenna's transfer and this is the entry I found on the day Makenna was thawed....
Love it!
I started this morning with a phone call from India! My friend Erin, who is now a missionary in India, wanted to pray over me. It was so dear to hear her voice, hear all the hustle and bustle of a foreign land in the background and know that even half way around the globe, we were being lifted up in prayer! Thank you Erin!
I took the day off hoping to relax and lay low, but I ended up getting the idea to put a little goodie basket together for the doctor, embryologist and nurses so the morning ended up a little more frantic than I had planned, but it did keep my mind off worrying and I was pretty excited to share these today:)
I took the day off hoping to relax and lay low, but I ended up getting the idea to put a little goodie basket together for the doctor, embryologist and nurses so the morning ended up a little more frantic than I had planned, but it did keep my mind off worrying and I was pretty excited to share these today:)
I decided to wear my lucky transfer dress again this time.....
| September 5, 2009 |
![]() |
| January 31, 2012 |
I had lunch with this sweetie and by 2:00 we were off to the doctors
I LOVE my nurses at Froedtert and I was SO very excited to find out that my 2 faves were working today. When Amanda was taking me back to the room, she told me she and Theresa were fighting over who would get to go back with me to assist with the transfer:) Shortly after getting back to our room, Theresa came in to say hello and I, of course, asked them what the status of the embryo was - did it survive the thaw? Neither of them knew and a few seconds later Dr. Strawn popped his head in to say hello and so I asked him. He didn't know either! I think they all assumed no news was good news. I joked with them that I wasn't dropping my pants until I knew my baby was ready for me. Shortly after the embryologist opened the door and told us to look at the TV monitor - there it was!!! Our beautiful little embie!!
I can't even begin to explain how relieved and excited I was to know that it had survived and was finally ready to be transferred.
The embryologist explaned to us that the embryo had actually already "hatched" out of the outer shell, which is a critical step for implantation. This was a great sign & everything looked really good!
The transfer literally started at 3:12pm and was done by 3:14pm - I am always amazed at how fast it goes! We got to see the embryo on the TV monitor and then see the embryologist suck it into the catheter. Nurse Theresa had the ultrasound probe on my belly so we could see it get "fired" in my uterus, too. It is such an amazing sight! I am so in awe of what a miracle this all is - how this tiny little embie, frozen 6 1/2 years ago was frozen just this morning (at -186 degrees Celsius, no less) and at noon today it was thawed and now it is (hopefully) nuzzling nicely in my womb. God is so good!! I did read tonight that once the embryo hatches it typically implants within a day or so. Please keep praying that it would latch on!!!!
When we walked into the doctor's office we saw this Liquid Nitrogen tank in the hallway, which was likely the tank that our frozen baby was in since being transferred to our clinic almost 4 years ago. I like the "Empty" sign on it:) I couldn't resist a few photos.
After the transfer, we headed to our favorite coffee shop - the same thing we've done after our last 2 transfers. I got a Dreamsicle Shake and loved finding this on the side of it....
Hmmm, I don't mind if I do.....
So now the waiting begins...... we go back in for our blood pregnancy test on Sunday, February 10th. Until then, I am PUPO (Pregnant Until Proven Otherwise for all you fertile people). And I am going to enjoy each and every minute of it:)









WOW! What an amazing process! Praying BIG things for your family!
ReplyDelete