Sunday, March 10, 2013

Grateful heart

Makenna, I tell you over and over that you have such a grateful heart.  You are so sweet and so thankful & polite and I wanted to take a minute to write down some of the gratefulness that you share with us on a regular basis.....

Just the other day we were driving down the road and you said "Mommy, thank you for taking me to the Veggie Tales Concert." - Yes, even though the concert was 5 months ago, your little brain remembered that me and daddy took you there and your heart was still grateful for it.

On a daily basis we hear "Thank you for watching ______ with me." My favorite is when you try to fill in the blank with the League of Incredible Vegetables - it is a mouthful but you are pretty good at saying it.

Remember that keyboard Annika gave her for Christmas?  Last week when we saw Annika she remembered that she needed to thank her yet again for the keyboard - "Annikana, thank you for my princess keyboard."

A few weeks ago her cousins gave her a Tinkerbell tent.  She woke up from her nap one random day saying - "Mommy, I have to call my cousins to thank them for the Tinkerbell tent."

My favorite is when she says thank you for the same thing over and over - every time we walk past the Ampitheater at church (which we've only ever been in once and it was to watch the Lorax) she says - "Mommy, thank you for taking me to watch the Lorax." 

For all of you that are reading this, here are just a few of the thank you's that she has had for you in the last few months - she usually thinks of them when she wakes up from her nap & says - Mommy, we have to thank ______ for ______.

Auntie Rachel, thank you for the princess tattoos.

Grandma, thank you for the princess puzzle.

Grandpa, thank you for watching Veggie Tales with me.

Daddy, thank you for chopping paper with me.

Uncle Derek, thank you for the princess flashlight.

Oma, thank you for playing with me.

I'm sure their are a million more I am forgetting, too:) 

The best is when I say  - "You're welcome honey, you have such a grateful heart - Jesus really loves your grateful heart" and she responds with the biggest smile and a "you're welcome mommy." 



1 comment:

  1. Well, you are MOST welcome baby girl for those dollar deal tattoos at Michaels! I love when they are grateful for the small things! Praise God for their sweet little hearts! Love you sweet baby girl! Love, Auntie Rachel, Adelyn, Ellie and boyfriend Quincy-Q

    ReplyDelete