Friday, April 12, 2013

It is a .......

Ok, well before I get to the GOOD part, gotta give a BIG shout out to hubby.  Brad, I know I told you this 10 times already but I wanted to tell you one more time - thank you!!!  You see, despite working 110 hours this week, Brad managed to find the time to make sure he made it to my doctor's appointment with me this week.  It was sort of a last minute thing - I have had more bleeding on and off and it was getting me very anxious so I messaged my doctor and he scheduled me for an ultrasound in the Maternal Fetal Care center on Thursday at 11:30.  Timing, not so good - this being the last week of tax season we are SWAMPED!  I told Brad that he really didn't have to go and that I didn't want him to put any more stress on himself, but of course, he didn't listen:)  He strolled in from work at 3:30am on Thursday morning...I only know this because the first thing he did was come in and see if I was up & then ask me if he could make me a snack:)  He knows I'm starving late at night & I was quite excited when a bagel bite showed up in front of me 5 minutes later...... Thanks, babe!  He somehow managed to make it into work the next morning and still make it to my appointment with me, too.  It honestly meant the world to me.... not that I would have been upset or disappointed if he didn't come, I really really was ok with him not coming - that is just our lives right now and that is fine.  But to have him there with me while the ultrasound tech looked in detail at our littlest snowflake - it was great!  Thankfully the baby looked great.  It was measuring right at 13 weeks, we could see all the major organs, 4 chambers in the heart, little fingers & toes and ..... a little flash of something between the legs:)  I was thinking it was probably a little too early to tell, but the ultrasound tech was kind enough to check for us and there wasn't much mistaking......sure looks like Makenna is going to have a brother!!!  It is still a little early so things could still change, but the way he was wiggling that thang around - I'm convinced that is what we saw:)  Show off...

What the doctor did find with me is a blood clot near my cervix - they aren't overly concerned about it at this point, but are hoping the bleeding subsides soon.  We'll just have to wait and see.  It could get bigger, it could go away on its own, we really don't know.  The hardest thing to hear was when Brad asked at what point we are "out of the woods" with this and her response was that we really aren't ever.  I kind of knew this since the problem isn't the baby, it is me.  I know that God is in control of this and there really is nothing I can do, but it still has me nervous and fearing the worst.  I am really trying to put my trust in God and continue to remember that He has a plan for this little one and that plan is perfect and right, but that isn't always easy to remember, especially when I flush more blood down the toilet.  For now though, I am trying to get myself excited about having a boy, picking out names, decorating the nursery - all the fun stuff!! 

Makenna has been telling us she thinks it is a brother for the longest time then Thursday morning (before my ultrasound) she informed me that it was a girl and her name was Sally - I have no idea where she got the name Sally from:)   When I picked her up from school I told her it was going to be a brother and she was all excited.  I kept trying to get her to say "It's A boy!" over and over again to get her used to it.  We called my parents Thursday night and she did good telling them "It's a boy!" but when we called Brad's parents she got quiet and then when I asked her if she was going to have a brother or sister she kept saying - "sister" and then I would ask her if it is a boy or a girl and she would say "girl!" - I just kept laughing in the background and telling her no and she finally did get it right:)  Goofy girl!  We went to Target today and putzed around looking for some things to decorate baby's room - she is convinced he wants a princess room.  Oh boy!!  I did finally convince her that a monster room would be fun too....

Ok, time for bed - gotta get up early for one LAST Saturday of work:)  Yahoooooo!!!!!  Cannot wait to have a Saturday morning in bed with my Hubby, Baby girl, Baby boy and some cartoons!!!  I guess it will have to wait another week!


 
Baby using my placenta as a little body pillow:) 
 

8 comments:

  1. So excited for you all! I hope we get the same news - with 2 girls already, we need some testosterone around here! I love that last picture too. So cute!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh I'm so happy for you Laura! Continuing to pray for you - sure hope the blood clot takes care of itself and that the bleeding subsides soon. Xoxo.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yay for a baby boy!!! I hope the bleeding stop soon for you...I know that is making you anxious.

    ReplyDelete
  4. So exciting! Love the pictures. Congrats!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I have a soft spot for baby boys :) Congratulations!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Grining ear to ear! Love that he's a BOY and it's getting so exciting!!! I am totally living through you...just a *little* ha! Love you guys x4!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Congratulations on your baby boy! And woo-hoo April 15th is HERE!!

    ReplyDelete