Saturday, May 8, 2010

Happy Mother's Day, to me?

I just got a card in the mail from a dear friend of mine wishing me a Happy Mother's Day. That's right, me. I teared up reading it, remembering the past five Mother's Days & how each was a painful reminder that I was not a mother, but wanted to be so very badly. Mother's day can be tough for infertiles - we have such mixed emotions, so thankful for the wonderful mothers we have, but left wondering if we will ever be able to partake in this celebration for ourselves. My hope this Mother's Day is that each of you reading it would say a special prayer for those women in your lives that yearn to be moms. Tomorrow will certainly be a special day as I celebrate the life growing inside me and the answer to my prayers. At the same time, I'm sure it will still be painful as I think of all the women I've met on this journey that are still waiting.

2 comments:

  1. Thanks for this post girlie. I wanted to post something on our blog but I myself have such mixed emotions right now thinking of today being Mother's Day. Guess what song they played at church this morning??? Good thing I listened online and wasn't there...I would have been a sobbing mess! It was "Jesus Draw Me Ever Nearer." If that song isn't a reminder of how far we've come and this crazy long road we've traveled I'm not sure what is. Love ya and Happy (finally) Mother's Day!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ooh yeah, that one makes me BALL every time! Such a great picture of the journey we've been on, isn't it? I cried during the journey wondering where it would lead and I cry now knowing how faithful God is! Happy Mother's day to you too, mama!

    ReplyDelete