Wow, I can't believe May is finally here. Yesterday I was listening to K-Love on the way into work and they were saying May 2010 is finally here - what have you waited until May 2010 for? I teared up as I thought of this finally being the month (hopefully) that I meet my little girl. I've waited over 4 years for this! Heck, I've waited my whole life for this. I can't believe its finally about to happen! And as I look back on how I dreamed this would be, never in a million years would I have imagined it like this. God has bigger and better plans than we can even phathom. And the years of waiting, the years of wondering if this day would ever come - I'd like to think they have made me a better woman, a better wife, a better Christ follower and a better mom. And I am so thankful to the couple that gave us this gift of life - this little baby, tiny as can be and frozen - just waiting, waiting for us and waiting to fufill our dreams. Little girl, you are my dream come true. I can't wait to meet you!!!
After 4+ years of waiting, our dream of becoming parents is finally a reality! We wanted to be able to share this journey with our friends and family via this blog. We were blessed with the birth of our embryo adopted daughter Makenna Lee on June 2, 2010. We were doubly blessed on October 14, 2013 when Alexander Brooks was born. Alexander and Makenna are genetic siblings and we are so very thankful to their Texas Fan Club for sharing the gift of life with us!
Saturday, May 1, 2010
Its May.....
May has always been a big month for me. I was born in May. I love the spring - the grass turning green, flowers blooming, an end to tax season:) My anniversary is in May. This year, Brad and I will celebrate 7 years together - my how time flies! The picture below is of the tree in front of our house - its a crabapple tree and it its the most beautiful tree for about a week out of the year - in early spring it gets pretty pink flowers all over it. I wanted to make sure I got a picture of me, in May, by my tree, pregnant with my little miracle baby. I got it just in time as the flowers are already started to blow off it. Happy Spring! Happy May!

Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
May IS a big month for you!! :)
ReplyDeletePrecious post. Can't wait to meet your little miracle too. love ya girlie!!
I LOVE that you posted this at 3:17am :) Even thinking of me in your insomniatic state. Love you, too Rachey!
ReplyDeleteCan't wait to see your sweet May BABY :)
ReplyDelete