Now that tax season is in full swing, I'm finding I cherish our time together as a family that much more... I just want to bottle up nights like this and save them forever.
Makenna's new favorite routine at night includes:
1) hiding from daddy - she'll run upstairs with me and hide under the blankets in her chair all snuggled up. She'll keep yelling to daddy "you'll never find us daddy!" and squealing as she hears his footsteps get louder and louder. Daddy will creep in and tickle her and she will laugh the sweetest, loudest giggle. I think it might be my favorite noise in the whole world.
2) Blasting the "Bare Necessities" as we get out our instruments and sing & play music to the beat. She knows some of the words, but the best is when she tries to sing "Its just the Bare Nec-es-i-ties" - it is such a big word and she is so sweet saying it.
3) Goldilocks - this week she discovered the story of Goldilocks and has been obsessed with it. She tried reading it to me tonight. She actually did pretty good remembering a lot of the story on her own.
4) Pray on our knees like Gigi - one of her favorite DVD's she likes to rent is Gigi - Gods Little Princess. Gigi likes to pray on her knees before bed so every night for the last, gosh, probably months now Makenna will tell us when it is time to pray that she has to "pray on my knees like Gigi".
5) Lullaby time - Mommy usually gets this honor and it might be my favorite part of the night. I sing Hush Little Baby (one of her books I've been reading to her since she was born) and Nigh Nigh Kenna, Baby, Mommy & Daddy. I love looking at her sweet face as she starts getting sleepy - she looks up at me with the sweetest sleepiest smile. Everytime I stand up to put her to bed, she begs for one more song and of course, I typically oblige:)
6) I love you!!! - on a good night, she'll let me put her down without a fuss and as I close her door to tell her goodnight & I love you, she'll keep yelling "I love you, Mama!" over and over again until I say it back, then she'll repeat it all over again.
I love you, kennagirl! Sweet Dreams!


No comments:
Post a Comment