Wednesday, February 13, 2013

I'm having a baby.....

Just so you know:) 
 
Ha!  I'm starting to really get pretty excited.  I really feel like I need to pinch myself, that this can't really be true, but yes, yes it is.  I'm having a baby!!!!!!!!! 
 
Just to update you on the thyroid stuff.  My doc put me on a low dose of thyroid hormone (25 mcg) once a day to get my levels back down (which is actually back up - it is backwards in thyroid world, a high number means your thyroid is under-producing/underactive so you need to take synthetic thyroid to get your level up but your number/levels down).  Makes perfect sense, right?  I'll go back in to my RE in 4 weeks to get it checked again.  I also go to my Endocronologist in 6 weeks to make sure we are monitoring everything.  The more people I talk to the less worried I am. It doesn't seem to be all that common.  It is not an ideal situation, but thankfully we have caught it and are taking steps to remedy it. 
 
In the meantime....... I AM HAVING A BABY!!!!!!! 
 
I really feel like this is our "bonus baby" so I think that is what I'm going to start calling it.  When we were trying for Makenna I would have never imagined that God would doubly bless us with a second child from this set of embryos.  So, thank you, Lord for our little bonus baby:) 
 
And for those of you that forgot about my little fortune from January 27th - yup, a small (actually very tiny) gift can  bring joy to not only our whole family but the entire family of believers.  Thank you all for your prayers and for rejoicing with us!
 
 
I just realized that this is the prayer I literally got on my knees and prayed right after the transfer (in the bathroom at the clinic of all places, so yes, literally right after the transfer).
 
Ephesians 3: 14-21
For this reason I kneel before the Father,  from whom His WHOLE FAMILY in heaven and on earth derives its name.  I pray that out of his glorious riches he may strengthen you with power through his Spirit in your inner being,  so that Christ may dwell in your hearts through faith. And I pray that you, being rooted and established in love, may have power, together with all the Lord’s saints, to grasp how wide and long and high and deep is the love of Christ, and to know this love that surpasses knowledge—that you may be filled to the measure of all the fullness of God.
Now to him who is able to do immeasurably more than all we ask or imagine, according to his power that is at work within us, to him be glory in the church and in Christ Jesus throughout all generations, for ever and ever! Amen.

And no, I didn't bring my bible with me to the bathroom - thanks to an AWESOME couple of ladies (thanks Erin & Elizabeth) that I studied & memorized verses with years ago, this little nugget is lodged in my head and I love it when the Holy Spirit brings it to mind at moments like these. 
 
 


 

1 comment:

  1. WooHoo! You're having a baby! Glad to hear that the doctors aren't too concerned about your thyroid and are working to remedy it. Enjoy being preggo!

    ReplyDelete