Just to back up a bit, I have a family history of thyroid issues. When I got my diagnosis of high FSH they tested my anti-microsomal levels and they came back through the roof. I had no idea what this meant at the time (I was convinced I was going to die - ha!), but later found out that I have Hashimoto's Thyroditis. Which for the most part means not much - I have thyroid nodules that my endocrinologist monitors every 6 months or so along with my thyroid levels. The summer after we got our diagnosis I ended up getting a nodule biopsied, but it came back normal. It was a HUGE scare to say the least. I am thankful that they have been keeping an eye on it but of course now I am so scared that my levels are elevated at the worst possible time.
Trust in God. I should have known there was more coming when God was banging me over the head with that Trust thing on Sunday:) There is nothing I can do at this point but educate myself and make sure I am doing everything I humanly can for this child. The rest is in God's hands. As Makenna just told me - "Mommy, don't cry. Trust in God." Yes, statistics may put me into that "more likely to miscarry bracket" but you know what - I've said it before and I'll say it again. If this child is in God's will, there is a 100% chance they will make it. Trust in God. Trust in God. Trust in God.
Please, keep praying for us! Pray for peace. Pray that we would trust. Pray that the doctors would advise us well. Pray that we would not be fed lies from the evil one, but rather that we would find comfort in God's truth.
Ok, I have to laugh at this one.... Makenna just brought me a yellow Mike & Ike & told me "don't be sad, mommy, this yellow treat will make you feel better."
She then decided we would both feel better if she had one too so she proceeded to get yellow Mike & Ike after yellow Mike & Ike - one for each of us to make me feel better:)
Thank, you Kenna-girl. You sure are my gift of happiness and a great reminder that God is sovereign and His will is perfect. We are so very blessed!

Praying for your thyroid to level out. I struggled with that during one of our pregnancies. All was well. Are they concerned about your TSH, T3 or T4? Email me if you want to chat about thyroids ;) Praying for you in the meantime!
ReplyDeleteOh and I love those McKenna smiles to cheer you up!
ReplyDeleteCongratulations on your pregnancy. I happened to stumble onto your blog and was reading your story. How exciting! Adoption is such a miracle! Then I saw your daughter's sweatshirt and I just had to comment. I'm originally from Hartford. :) We are actually coming to Milwaukee this weekend for my BIL's birthday. Small World. :)
ReplyDelete